This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Grains of Gratitude

Falling off the face of the earth happens sometimes.

My thought was that when I returned to blogging, I would be ready to post everyday, but this pesky thing called life continues to “get in the way.” Just kidding—and certainly not complaining. But one thing I learned during my time off was that “Life” certainly does take a precedent over everything. And I was still very worn down from the business of life. So I decided to go with the flow and enjoy it.

And I am grateful for enjoying: my father’s visit. He learned a lot and talked to some great people at his seminar. He took us out to eat more than once—which he didn’t have to do. He treated himself to a guitar and I hope he starts playing again, something he used to enjoy.

My husband watched the boys and Dad and I got to spend some time out and about. Then he and my husband took care of some things he wanted to do while he was here. That was great.

He also surprised us with a gas grill! We’ve not had one in over fifteen years of marriage. We’ve always cooked on teeny tiny little kettle grills. My husband is quite enamored of this new toy. He’s recommended we used it for everything! Including cereal...ummmm...NO.

My nephew joined us late in the week and we are grateful for his visit. The boys got school work done so that while he was here they could just have fun. And they used just about every moment. They were very good, but not excited about bedtimes. Not enough hours in the day when you are having fun.

I am grateful I got a lot of my house in better order. There are still projects to tackle, but it has been nice to be able to comfortably welcome guests. That was one of my goals in the cleaning, decluttering and rearranging; to be able to feel better about having company. I think I may have got some good habits started.

Grains of Gratitude originates with Christine over at Brady’s Bunch. I’m always grateful to visit her. It’s like a slice of sunshine there.

What are you grateful for?

8 comments:

Coach J said...

Yay for you!! I like having a gas grill because I can light the grill and go without having to get the charcoal ready (I'd always forget to have some on hand, too!) How nice for your dad to "spoil" you a bit. :0)

Jenileigh said...

Good for you! We haven't grilled in forever! I enjoyed this! God bless you!

luvmy4sons said...

Sounds like a lovely visit. Sounds like some good stuff got done. It always feel great to acomplish the little detials of life that sort of irritte and get under your skin till your accomplish them. I am so grateful lately for grace. Grace that sweeps in and alleviates my stress. Grave that empowers me when I think I don't have strength to go on. Grace that helps me remember to see others as Jesus sees them as I WANT Jesus to see me and extend grace because I have been given grace. Grace that comoforts me and whispers, "All is okay little one."

Renee' said...

Sounds like a wonderful visit. Enjoy the gas grill!

Renee'

freetofly said...

You are right! Life IS more important! How wonderful that you got such a great visit with your Dad!

I like how he connected with all parts of the family...what a sweet blessing!

xoxo,
Maria

gemma said...

I will be very grateful if I don't post this twice but I'm not sure the first one took.....here goes


What a peaceful and loving time you have had and reviewing it as you did when you wrote about it makes is even nicer doesn't it? It certainly feels that way as it is read. Thanks for sharing.

I am grateful for so much I hardly know where to begin. I will spend some time thinking about that a return with a short list.

Liza's Eyeview said...

I'm so glad to hear you had a great time with your dad :)

and yes, sometimes "life" get in the way of blogging - ha! ha!

Sonya said...

A wonderful post and many things to be thankful for. It's nice to read such positive things!