This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Monday, March 19, 2007

Menu Plan Monday

Oh, I am just not feeling creative!! I made up my menu but I reserve every right to go visit all the creative ladies posting their menus at Laura’s I Am an Organizing Junkie blogsite. When I go visit them I know I will find many more creative ideas for this week. But this is where the menu sits as of this morning:

Grilled Chicken steamed rice and carrots
Grilled hamburgers chips and veg
Rotisserie chicken from Sams
Chicken strips and salad and rice
Enchilada casserole both chicken and beef

The weather is supposed to warm back up and as long as it is not pouring I am sure I can convince DCG DarlingCaveGeek to grill for me. That will be a bonus—grilled food just tastes so wonderful. And he always mans the grill. What a guy.

Ballet is back in session so our time in the evenings is limited and that would be why I am stopping at Sam’s for a rotisserie chicken. I have to say I cannot buy an uncooked chicken for what I pay for a finished one there. They are under $5 and everyone eats it. Therefore no waste. I am pretty insistent on the fact that I don’t care how inexpensive/cheap a meal is—if half gets thrown in the trash it is wasteful and expensive. So if it is gone, gone, gone my conscience is clear.

Apparently I am not the only one lacking in creativity when it comes to menu planning as shown by this article. I think perhaps I should suggest they go visit Laura’s Menu Plan Monday and get some new ideas with me!!

7 comments:

annie said...

I was in a menu rut before I started doing the menu plan monday, now it is great!
I guess I need to "get a life"
Have a great week!
blessings~
Annie

JennaG said...

Sounds like a nice week to me. We like to buy those roasted chickens as well. You are right, they are just as cheap! Have a great week1

Carrie! :o) said...

Awww, your menu isn't bad at all. I get in a rut every so often. Hope you enjoy your meals!

amy said...

those all sound good. I wish I had started this...youve been tagged!

kelleigh said...

Hey, I think your menu's creative! The Enchilada casserole sounds great! Grilled food on the BBQ-what a treat (especially if you can get someone else to do the grilling, ;) Have a great week!

kelleigh said...

Sorry about my link *blush*, this one should work!

Overwhelmed! said...

Oh, your menu looks fabulous! Can I come eat at your house? :)

I'd like to suggest that you check out the recipes on my Favorite Ingredients Friday recipe exchange. :) It helps me build my weekly menus. :)