This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Works for Me Wednesday




Not anything extremely creative this week for Wednesday. Just some activities and coloring pages that we have found to be incredibly enJOYable. Some are really geared for the tiny tots and some are very appropriate for older elementary. In fact I know some older elementary children who are not too cool for coloring. Actually coloring is still one of my most favorite activities. Even before I had children I kept stock in crayons and coloring books. And, no, they weren't to share with friends who had children. I was very selfish but I am over that now. My children have their own colors and they can keep their mitts off I mean share mine if they ask. nice. and it's the second Tuesday of the third May of the year. Ahem...I digress

The first two are from one of my most favorite authors--Jan Brett. I adore her stories and her art. Here is a chance to add something if you are reading her stories to your children.

http://www.janbrett.com/activities_pages_artwork.htm
http://www.janbrett.com/activities_pages.htm

This site was surprising when I found it. I love Celestial Seasonings' tea. They have coloring pages! Drink some tea and color. They also have a catalog. I am going to order from there first chance I get.
http://www.celestialseasonings.com/art-inspiration/coloring-pages.html

Definitely a homeschool mom's help, but a public or private school family would find some cool things for reports and projects!
http://www.enchantedlearning.com/artists/coloring/

Bible Kids Funzone...just what it says.
http://biblekidsfunzone.com/color/colortemindexlist.html

Maps for Geography. Pretty much any country you need they have an outline map for.
http://geography.about.com/library/blank/blxindex.htm

I know there are so many more sites out there for free coloring pages and homeschool helps. These are just a few that "works for me!"

Visit Shannon at Rocks in My Dryer. There will be so many wonderful tips from really smart ladies.

9 comments:

Nikki said...

Fun, fun, fun! We just printed out a bunch of coloring pages today. I'm going to save your link so I can refer to all of these.

Emily said...

Thank you so much for these links - I know there is so much out there in the internet world, but often it takes so long to find the helpful stuff that I wonder if it is worth the time! Thanks for simplifying things for me. :)

Rae said...

Great links, thanks for sharing. Have a great Wednesday! =)

annie said...

Great tip!
blessings~
Annie

Amberly said...

Hi! I just found your blog through WFMW and love the quote about joy. You are right on about that! My husband is a preacher and often makes that exact point. Just think about Paul writing Philippians, a book saturated with joy, from a prison! Also, thanks for all of these homeschool printable sites! I'm looking forward to checking them out and looking forward to reading more of your blog!

Amy Jane said...

Thanks for all the links!

Ribbon Rock Star said...

Thanks!
I have those saved.

Linda

SeaBird said...

A treasure trove - thanks for sharing!

Mrs. Pear said...

This is great! Thank you so much for sharing these links! We will make very good use of them!