This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Children's Book Monday

The Hungry Thing
“ “I want some schmancakes…and tickles…and hookies…and gollipops.” Can you guess what this Hungry Thing really wants to eat?” So says the back cover of the book by Jan Slepian and Ann Seidler with illustrations by Richard E. Martin.

Yesterday my 9½ year old dragged this book of the shelf where I store some of the easier readers and old childhood favorites.

Originally published in 1967, the copy we own was published in 1971. This was one of my books when I was my children’s age. The Hungry Thing is one of our family favorites. This is one of my husband’s favorites—that says a lot.

The Hungry Thing comes to town with a sign that says “Feed Me.” He is a beast of few words and what few he says are very confusing. Who can figure out what he wants. Who knows what will satisfy the Hungry Thing??

As I said this is a family favorite. We sit down and it is the most fun when Daddy reads. Daddy does the best voices.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

That looks great!!

Elise said...

Is there anything better than watching your husband read to the children, and hearing them giggling at his *voices*?
I love it! And the book sounds wonderful, as always!