This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Works for Me Wednesday--Prayer Collage

Prayer collage.

It isn’t pretty. It isn’t tidy & organized. So all of you who are really all about the spiffy sparkling kitchens with the pristine refrigerator fronts—just run away now.

For those of us who, however do have the children's art gallery on the fridge, and for all you good cooks, or for those of you like me who struggle with the rummaging through the freezer & fridge for something that you might have forgotten was worth snacking on—this is the thing.

Post your prayer requests on your freezer. Save the art work for lower, eye level for the kids, but put your prayer requests at eye level for you. I do mine with a lot of pictures. Some of those people on my fridge I haven’t seen for more than five years. But I think of them every day and say a quick prayer, more if led, when they come into view.

No, it’s not a nice tidy notebook, but I lose those. Trust me, it works, I never lose the refrigerator.

For more Works for Me Wednesday ideas, visit Shannon at Rocks in My Dryer.

Visit the rest of my blog for the book giveaway and the CD giveaway.

17 comments:

- me - said...

I love your idea! I have kept some pictures up on my fridge for almost 2 years now but I never thought to "view" it as a reminder to pray daily for them. Of course I think about them every time I see the pictures but I just love your idea of making it a point to say a quick prayer for each one daily. :)

so grateful to be Mormon! said...

awesome idea, julie. thanks for writing about it.

~blessings, kathleen :)

Overwhelmed! said...

What a great idea! I don't have a prayer collage but I do have family pics on my fridge that Snuggle Bug loves to look at. Having them there has helped him to remember our out-of-state relatives.

Thanks for sharing!

Jane said...

What a beautiful idea. I have the pictures now I just need to view it as a prayer collage! Lovely way to squeeze in some more prayer time.

Amberly said...

What a wonderful idea!

Classic MaMa said...

Wonderful! This is quite litterally making your requests known to Him and keeping His word in front of you at all times. It must be such a great thing to take requests down after they've been answered.

ellen b said...

I love this idea. It also works for me on the side of my filing cabinet next to my desk. While I sit and work there I can look and see faces of people I can pray for. Blessings...

mira said...

This is a wonderful idea that I plan to borrow. Thank you for sharing.

Stephanie said...

Great idea!

At A Hen's Pace said...

My mother-in-law and my grandmother both do the same thing! Right now, we are trying to sell our house and have to keep everything looking like a model home...but maybe when we move, I'll try this too. You're more proof that it works!

Thanks for your kind comment on my Choosing Joy post--that was so encouraging!!

Jeanne

Ribbon Rock Star said...

WONDERFUL idea! Thanks for posting.

Linda

Mrs. Pear said...

This is a wonderful idea!

We have a hodge podge of stuff on the top half of the fridge, but I never thought of organizing it with this in mind! But I will now!

Of course, the bottom is covered with Miss Pear's magnetic toys, so we leave that to her!

Barbara H. said...

My pastor often teases, when missionaries come through and have prayer cards to pass out, to put them "in your Bible or on the refrigerator, whichever you open the most." :-) It is a good reminder to pray for folks when we see their pictures right there in the midst of where we live.

The Wooden Porch said...

"Home is for free expression, not good impression."

—From the movie Cheaper By The Dozen

Sarah said...

What a great idea!

Liza's Eyeview said...

Great idea. We have our reminders and calenders posted on top right part of the refrigerator and photos on top left part. I have always wanted to do a prayer collage, but didn't think of the idea that my refrigerator is the perfect place. That's for the tips. I think it'll work for me too :)

Leah in Iowa said...

This is a great idea, Julie! I keep the pictures on the fridge all year long that we get from Christmas cards and pray for all of them occasionally. But to actually stick requests on there is something I'd never thought of before. Thanks for the idea! =)