This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Sunday, August 5, 2007

Grains of Gratitude

Grains of Gratitude is a Sunday meme started by the joyful Christine at Brady’s Bunch. She is mommy to a whole beautiful family and I love to visit her site.

This week I am grateful for a week that feels “normal.” Too much of anything, even good things, wear a person down. This has been a “normal” looking week. (Of course we all know “normal” is relative and only an ideal.)

I am grateful for boys who have had pretty good attitudes. They cheerfully cleaned their room this week in a manner that impressed me. While there are some things I want to go in and organize, I would not be embarrassed for someone to view their room.

The van is paid off!!!! I am so excited. That is has finally happened is amazing to me. It is a milestone for many reasons for my husband and I. Doing a tiny, little happy dance and praising my Father for bringing us to this point.

Oddly enough, I am grateful for reaching an emotional low this week. It is when we hit bottom that we see how nothing is really in our control and if we give it to the LORD He will be faithful—He may not follow our plan—and sometimes that is why we need a low. We have to be low enough to let go of ourselves.

I am grateful for my craft area. My husband has his cave, my children have most of the house—I have a desk. It is there that I vaguely remember that people used to think I was creative. Some of that creative energy is slowly trickling back. A free ten minutes is all it takes to rejuvenate.

What are you grateful for?

This week I am keeping many friends (both those met IRL and met on the web) and family members in prayer. My mother is starting a new chemo study and still having issues with the stent in her kidney, a traveling niece and nephew, “B” and her family making a long journey & for health issues—you know who you are ((()). And dear Kelli & Heather. Continued prayer. Continued prayers & believing for sweet, sweet Izzy and her family.

And if anyone would feel led to pray for wisdom for my husband and I as we are faced with some issues and decisions, I would be really grateful.

Have a great week everyone!!

Edited to add: My mother has been admitted to the hospital today & if anyone is so led, I would appreciated a prayer for her. Blessings, Julie

6 comments:

Sheryl said...

Just prayed for you and your Mom, Julie. Will be adding you to my prayer list.
What a beautiful gratitude list!
I have so much to be thankful for, but as I read your praises and requests, I realized how thankful I am for the family of God...what an awesome thing to share the good times and hard times; the joys and pains; to laugh and to cry together!
God is good!!
Have a blessed week,
sheryl

Coach J said...

You know, the Word says (more than once) to offer a sacrifice of thanks. And in low emotional times, that's just what we have to do. Thank God for the time we're in.
I will be praying for you and your family, including your mom. Please let us know what happens.

mum2brady said...

Julie - thanks for joining in on grains each week - I love to read your posts - they inspire me :)

I will be praying for your mom - I hope things improve for her - sending lots of positive thoughts and prayers!

Hugs!

so grateful to be Mormon! said...

hi julie: i just prayed for you and yours. hope all is well.

i loved especially how you said, "It is when we hit bottom that we see how nothing is really in our control and if we give it to the LORD He will be faithful..." perfect, simply perfect. i love reading your words, kathleen :)

so grateful to be Mormon! said...

hi julie: you made my night! thank you! i just saw that you added me, little ole me, to your blog sidebar! you made me feel happy and valklimpt (good stuff)!

so glad to have stumbled upon your grateful words posts.

~blessings this night sweetie, kathleen :)

so grateful to be Mormon! said...

hi julie: hope everything is going okay for you guys with this big stressor. prayers to you this day.

i still needed your grateful for post on sunday, so i read this one again today. the words you wrote about hitting a low are so good, so true, make me reflect and ponder and pray some more.

blessings to you.
grateful for you, kathleen