This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Grains of Gratitude

grains of gratitude You know, sometimes it is really the small things. I am grateful for snooze alarms and warm blankets. I am thankful my ugly pink recliner that I sit in when I blog. I am thankful for some fun finds that caught my eye this weekend.

But then again, sometimes it is the big things. I am thankful that we got to go to the ballet this weekend. The dance and music was varied. We heard Tchaikovsky, Mahler (with a wonderful baritone singing while the dancers danced) and, get this, the Lennon Sisters. And I have to say both my boys were better behaved than the two women who sat behind us. I am so grateful!!!

Boo had an audition Saturday and this week he will get to have a teeny tiny little walk on part with one of the country's largest ballet companies who are visiting our city! I am grateful he got this opportunity because sometimes being the little guy means having to wait while everyone else is doing things, and waiting until you are "big enough." This came just because he IS a little guy--big brother is too big. I am grateful that big brother Roo is really proud and excited and "gets" what a neat thing this is for Boo.

This is going to be a wild and crazy week for us with extra driving and logistics to figure out. I am grateful we homeschool and have some flexibility to take some fun opportunities once in a while.

I am grateful for all my blogging buddies out there who've really blessed my life. Visit Christing of Brady's Bunch who started Grains of Gratitude!

Have a great week everyone!

Always in Him,

Julie

2 comments:

Renee's Ramblings said...

What a beautiful list of gratitutdes! Thanks for sharing.

freetofly said...

Inspiring thoughts on gratitude! A list that makes you smile to read it.

I am excited for you and your family as your little one gets to do this project. It will be much fun I am sure. A great opportunity. What a good big brother to be able to celebrate his brother's success!