This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Grains of Gratitude

I am grateful that we survived last week. Much running, driving, sitting waiting and then being able to watch Boo’s stage debut. He was a little boy in the ballet Mme.Butterfly. He wore a wig of straight black hair and if you weren’t looking you would never have known it was him. He had a blast. The company was so kind, especially the ballet masters. And I was moved to tears watching this beautifully choreographed ballet. It was breathtaking and my baby was in it!!

I was blessed by the moms of the other children who participated. We had a common bond and got a chance to know each other and I think some friendships were formed. The boys and I had lunch with one of the moms and her children today. Boo hooked up with his cast-mate and they are cut from the same cloth entirely. She is a lovely little girl and so much fun. Her brother and Roo have known each other for a while and they are never at a loss for something to talk about. He is such a bright and energetic guy. They told riddles and laughed and ate well (you know one of those “mom” thing to be concerned about).

The new restaurant we ate at was a blessing to be grateful for. It is close to where we are several nights a week and the food was awesome!! And not terribly expensive. We’ve been looking for a new favorite so now we’ve found one. Nice people, good food! A winning combination.

Roo has a birthday coming up in a few weeks. My father has asked that I continue to do the shopping for him (Mom had asked that I do it for her while she was ill) and I was able to find some really great bargains this week. I had a 40% off coupon for one item and found a sale on another really great gift. What a wonderful thing. Now to get our shopping done.

Two sweet bloggers graced me with a couple bloggy awards. I am humbled beyond words. Coach Jenny passed the Mathetes Award and Jenileigh passed the Thoughtful Blogger Award to me. I will pass these on to some more great bloggers this week. But I just had to share that I was grateful and blessed. There were a couple days when I was sinking a little low and this helped so much in rearranging my focus. Thanks Jenileigh and Jenny.

Grains of Gratitude was the idea of Christine at Brady’s Bunch. I’ve found several people who have joined in.

What are you grateful for?

5 comments:

so grateful to be Mormon! said...

hello my awesome julie friend,
so cool how your baby got to do that and how your family got to enjoy everything and the people, too.

congrats big time on the awards to you. you are a total dear to me, so i am not at all surprised that somebody else thinks so highly of you. i was so touched that you sent ME a card after your mom died. you didn't have to do that, but it is so precious how you go the extra mile. you so rock sister, happy Sabbath dear, kathleen :)

Coach J said...

Hey! Glad to see you've made it through a busy week.
I got the book :) And I laughed at all that tape and hair!! It felt like Christmas when someone is playing a trick on you and really does a number on the wrapping paper :) Anyway, I can't wait to dive right in....hopefully this week. :)
And, I can't wait to see who you give those awards out to.

Renee's Ramblings said...

How neat for your son to be in a production and on stage! It sounds like you all had a really busy but great week. Congrats on your awards - you are so deserving of them!

freetofly said...

Those awards fit you well my bloggy friend! Congratulations! I was glad you shared with us last Sunday your upcoming busy week, or I would have worried about you. It was good to know you were not ill but, very busy in a very mommy way! What a wonderful experience for your son and all of you! Maybe you could make a teeny-tiny memory book of the event? It might be fun to do...even include the menu and pic of the resteraunt.

I love the grains of gratitude. I am going to see if I can work on one during the week, to have ready to post on Sunday. Gratitude is an important life quality for me, something I would love to represent on my blog. I am always reminded of the 1 leper who came back to thank the Lord and, he was the one who received wholeness. We all need wholeness.

Blessing and much, much joy to you this week!

Sheryl said...

Great job and congrats to your son! The pictures you posted showed the sets to be true works of art!
Sounds like a blessed week for all :)