This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Nothing beats a good Kiss...

...unless it's a "Holiday Pretzel Kiss"


Oh the weather outside is frightful…









But yesterday was lovely.

The boys and I baked these little goodies.
I first found them at Renee’s Holiday Creations and then Boo saw them when I was checking in on Lauren at Baseballs and Bows. "OH MOM!!! Can WE make those????"

Well, yes...I decided we could. So the last time I was at the store I got the necessary items. And yesterday seemed the perfect day for some fun. I have to tell you that these were a hit even with Daddy who for the second night joined in the baking!!

Lauren recommends one wear tulle for the baking, but since no one here owns tulle we settled for jammies. In fact, we wore jammies all day long…even me. The boys decided they would watch the chocolate melt. Exciting lives here, people I am telling you.

The treats turned out fabulously. We used Hershey’s Hugs and Peanut Butter Kisses. Somehow I managed to NOT buy the plain Kisses. How could I have done that? But fear not…I have almost every other flavor of Kiss known to man…have you tried some of these? Cherry Cordial, Mint Truffle, Peppermint, Carmel and my favorite—Cheesecake Kisses.

Supper was wonderful. The Cave Geek had made it home early and changed into the requisite dinner attire—jammies, remember? And we had comfort food: steamed carrots, biscuits, mashed potatoes, baked chicken and gravy. And we listened to Christmas carols on the stereo.

Since I was being a “nice mom” today I let the boys go to be with their Christmas tree lit and they told stories and fell asleep to the glow of the lights.

I hope you are warm and cozy where you are today. Be safe & merry.

6 comments:

Lauren@Baseballs&Bows said...

So fun! I am so glad you enjoyed them as well. I have a feeling that this will be a yearly treat for us!

Heidi @ GGIP said...

You know, I still sometimes watch things bake in the oven. ;)

Ann said...

Yummy! I've done the pretzel+Rolo+pecan version--like a turtle, only very easy!

Jennifer said...

Sounds like a wonderful day at your house...cozy, fun, and relaxing! I think we are going to make Christmas ornaments in our jammies today, here! :)

Liza's Eyeview said...

Oh those looks yummy! It seems easy to make so we might try it :)

Sheryl http://www.takingthechallenge.typepad.com said...

Sounds like an absolutely, perfectly, wonderful day! We'll have to give those little goodies a try...and a jammie day sounds lovely :)