This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Really, It's Just a Minor Setback--

...or would I want some cheese and crackers with my w(h)ine? A totally, self-involved pity party. Enter at your own risk.








Thanks for stopping by and visiting today. Really you want to come in? Don't look at the mess around the Joyful Duplex. You need to be warned if you want to come in you should first don the safety-gear.






Then you can have some tea, there's a lot of tea today.

Ignore my bathrobe and stylish attire. My goal is to have a complimenting Lone Ranger mask to add to the ensemble soon.









Sometime shortly after hitting the "Publish" button for the Miss Bishop review and checking a few blogs the world came to a crashing halt yesterday.


Wordless Wednesday went out the window. So if you stopped by to see one of my photos feel free to browse the archives.


Thursday Thirteen is likely to fall by the wayside to, seeing as my brain has just recently found a modicum of coherency. But I've only managed to maintain function for less than a half hour at a time. And then I make my way back to my dark bedroom and heating pad.

In other words, life went from 60 to 0 in nothing flat. I have not felt that bad in years. The boys had (thankfully) gotten most of their school done before I collapsed. I had an inkling the night before I might be getting "a little something." When it started, I thought, "Well I can watch those movies, I've been wanting to." But that involved light and noise. And those became my enemies.

What was worse is that the boys decided to follow in my footsteps shortly after. Them I feel sorry for. Me--I probably deserved it.


We are grateful that Daddy has been working from home and took over the handing out of the medicines, warm compresses, tea and soup. He also ventured out to the Walmart wilderness and brought home a humidifier, more pharmacuticals and Listerine. Oh and being the pushover Daddy that he is, he brought the boys home a new video game.

So the house is trashed, the blinds are closed. Every blanket in the house is being used. Maybe life will return to our normal chaos tomorrow. I'll try to respond to my e-mails and some comments tonight, maybe. But for now thanks for checking up on us.





Be sure to slather you keyboard in hand sanitizer as you leave.

15 comments:

Renee's Reading Corner said...

I hope you all feel better soon! Will be praying for y'all.

Kelli said...

Ah sweets! So sorry to hear that your down. That stinks. Stinks, I tell you.

Wish I Was closer to take care of you. I make some mean tea :)

annie said...

Sorry your feeling bad Julie,
hugs & prayers,
Annie

Liza's Eyeview said...

YIKES - my looong comment disappeared when I said I want to change sogn up name (I was signed up on my hubby's account initially). :(

Anyway, I juat wanted to tell you to get a lot of rest and be well. I am going to pray for you.

Liza

DebD said...

Oh dear, sounds like you have the flu - not fun. Take it easy and keep warm, my friend.

Heidi @ GGIP said...

Take it easy and feel better.

luvmy4sons said...

Oh Julie, how awful. Get better quick girl. Take her easy. Lots of vitamin C and raw fruits and veggies. Praying for ya!

Coach J said...

Girl, I'm sorry you're feeling bad. I pray you'll be up and going very, very soon. ((Hugs from far away))

Cricket's Hearth said...

I hope you get better soon! Blessings, Cricket

Carey said...

I hope you all feel better soon. Its never fun to be sick!

JennaG said...

So sorry you are sick, but what a cute post about it! Feel better...

freetofly said...

Julie, praying for you all!

I have to say, that even sick, You've STILL got it! That was a VERY cute post!

much chicken soup and rest!
Maria

sheryl said...

Oh! Bless your heart!! Praying for you...get better soon! (((HUGS))

Xandra said...

Oh yes...how I feel your pain! Bless your heart! I hope you are feeling better soon. We are very lucky to have husbands to love and nurture us, aren't we?

Xandra

Becky said...

Bless your heart! Hope you are feeling better. It was a really cute post!!! : )
Blessings,
Becky