This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Grains of Gratitude

Late in the day Grains of Gratitude. We've been running non-stop for the last few weeks. I'm grateful that gas has gone down. $1.67 today. Wow!

There has been a lot of safe travel this week that I am thankful for--the boys and I downtown and back, and Daddy made it home again after a two week trip. I am thankful for that, so very thankful.

I am thankful for my boys. This week is the "Roo Edition."

Roo is turning eleven.

He is a rule follower. He is an honest worker. He won't try to cut corners. In fact sometimes he makes things more difficult for himself. He dots the "i"s and crosses those "t"s. Sometimes he even tattles on himself. Which is why I trust him a lot.

He has a soft heart. He's shown others forgiveness when I would not have been so forgiving. He cares about me when I'm down or not well. He is empathetic. He loves little children, but is aware of how fragile they can be, so he is very, very gentle with them.

He is a talented piano player and a wonderful dancer. Math has become a joy because I am seeing it through his eyes. I've relearned so many things this year!

Where did my baby go to? He comes up to my chin now.

Brady's Bunch is the home of Grains of Gratitude thanks to Christine!

3 comments:

luvmy4sons said...

He sounds a lot like my first born. What a wonderful kid you have! They sure do grow quickly!

Renee said...

Happy Birthday to Roo! He sounds like such a great young man. They grow up so quick.

CountessLaurie said...

Happy Birthday to you, Roo!

(BTW, gas is still about 2.20 here.)