This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Grains of Gratitude

I am grateful for:

Sunshine and sightings of spring!
A warm home with many luxuries.
Dishes that need done.
Food that needs put away for leftovers.
Bedding to wash. (I washed loads of it yesterday!)
Many diversions...I am never bored! Sometimes sidetracked, but never bored.
My family, my friends...
New friends, old friends, friends I've not ever "met."
My best friend, my husband.
My boys who are so patient with me.
My freedom to worship the way I choose.
My faith.
My God.

I was going to post this song for Sunday:

How Can I Keep from Singing?

My life flows on in endless song;
Above earth’s lamentation
I hear the sweet though far off hymn
That hails a new creation:
Through all the tumult and the strife
I hear the music ringing;
It finds an echo in my soul—
How can I keep from singing?

Refrain
No storm can shake my inmost calm
While to that Rock I'm clinging.
Since love is Lord of heaven and earth,
How can I keep from singing?


What though my joys and comforts die?
The Lord my Savior liveth;
What though the darkness gather round!
Songs in the night He giveth:
No storm can shake my inmost calm
While to that refuge clinging;
Since Christ is Lord of Heav’n and earth,
How can I keep from singing?

Refrain

I lift mine eyes; the cloud grows thin;
I see the blue above it;
And day by day this pathway smoothes
Since first I learned to love it:
The peace of Christ makes fresh my heart,
A fountain ever springing:
All things are mine since I am His—
How can I keep from singing?

Refrain

Words & Music by Ro­bert Low­ry

I prefer to sing a more upbeat version (no one may like to listen to me) but for listening, Enya's version is lovely.




I was going to post that song...but then I went over to Barbara's Stray Thoughts and she had this song up and it made me think of this song...

So you get them both. And go say, "Hi!" to Barbara & read those lovely lyrics too.

What a marvelous piano solo!



I Must Tell Jesus

I must tell Jesus all of my trials;
I cannot bear these burdens alone;
In my distress He kindly will help me;
He ever loves and cares for His own.

Refrain

I must tell Jesus! I must tell Jesus!
I cannot bear my burdens alone;
I must tell Jesus! I must tell Jesus!
Jesus can help me, Jesus alone.


I must tell Jesus all of my troubles;
He is a kind, compassionate friend;
If I but ask Him, He will deliver,
Make of my troubles quickly an end.

Refrain

Tempted and tried, I need a great Savior;
One Who can help my burdens to bear;
I must tell Jesus, I must tell Jesus;
He all my cares and sorrows will share.

Refrain

O how the world to evil allures me!
O how my heart is tempted to sin!
I must tell Jesus, and He will help me
Over the world the victory to win.

Refrain

Eli­sha A. Hoff­man, music and words

What are you grateful for today?

Brady's Bunch is where Grains of Gratitude originated, home to Christine.

2 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I too like the more up beat of that song. The one you had there was pretty though. I'd never heard of the other one so thanks for sharing that too. Today I'm most grateful for the chance to renew and refresh my body and my soul. 'On Ya'-ma

Barbara H. said...

I like what you said about being sometimes sidetracked, but never bored. That's me, too!

Are you familiar with the Steve Petit Evangelistic Association? One of their CDs is where I first heard that top song.

I love "I Must Tell Jesus," too. I had another poem in mind today that I just heard at our ladies meeting Monday, but "No One Understands Like Jesus" was just on my heart this morning, especially the fourth verse.