This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Hate, Hate, Hateful...

Yucky, yicky, icky!!!

Stomping my foot and throwing a big ole hissy fit!

They're baaaaaaaa-aaak!!


And I'm not talking about him.



Or this.


And that is JUST WRONG.




I'm talking about this.



AGAIN!



They showed up here. Then I thought they went packing. But I was WRONG, WRONG, WRONG and the awful little nasty things invaded yet AGAIN!


Yes, I do realize I am shouting a little, teensy, weensy bit.

I hate, hate, HATE, HATE mice.

The only good mouse is a dead mouse.

Or these...they were cute. I even give them away sometimes. And people like them.

The cat is busy



I suppose at 17 he deserves some rest.


But did I mention I have MICE!!!


Almost as bad as the mice...were the ANTS!!

Sigh...I'm sure that's just around the corner.

16 comments:

Renee said...

Oh Julie! We just got rid of our mouse problem and I know just what you mean. Good luck!

SQUELLY said...

Oh no! Perhaps the cat is just resting in preparation for the challenge?? (or maybe not) Either way best of luck!

luvmy4sons said...

Oh my! LOL! Please forgive me for laughing at your discomfiture! I am not afraid of mice nor do they bother me but having them in my home is not fun! I thaw frozen ones and feed them to the snake! BUT hubby is terrified. And when we had them once he accidentally saw one in the laundry room and ran from the room squealing like a school girl! It was so hilarious. So it is me or the boys who deal with it not hubby! I hope your issue is resolved soon. We won't get ants here till March...on their way I guess!

Esther said...

Julie! Oh you poor dear! My dear brother had that problem and I was sympathetic until he told me he thought they were cute and was leaving food for them. Men! ;-)

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I have those lovely little critters try to invade my space at the camper every winter. I found some neat little plastic traps that you put peanut butter on and they work quite well. Last year I caught quite a few. I'm hoping they did not get in this winter... won't find out til April though when the Campground opens again.
'On Ya'-ma

Donna said...

Getcha some mouse poison. Put it where you know the mice go, but where pets can't get it.

Kim said...

Sorry to hear about your mouse problem... those things are a nuisance!
Thank you for the lovely award... just returning the favor. Also want to know I thought the red envelope idea was so great, I posted a link to your site on mine... hope you don't mind!

mum2brady said...

Oh no :( I just loathe mice :( Praying your kitty wakes up soon and gets them all and that you can get rid of them :( They are no fun.....

Hugs!!!

Carrie said...

Oh you poor thing! I think I would be going crazy. I hope your cat takes care of things soon.

gemma said...

My husband's favorite band years ago was called Eeek-A-Mouse. Just thought I'd throw that in for kicks. Meanwhile...mice are a scurge. We used to use D-Con, or something spelled like that...we would put it in those paper muffin tin liners and hide where nothing but a mouse would ever go. As I recall it worked. It's cheaper than Terminix and not as nasty as a trap. As soon as it's not so cold mice stay outside. Hurry Spring.

Alicia said...

I feel your pain. I actually think they're kind of cute-looking, if they were potty-trained I might let them stay. But since they poop everywhere and I'm a germaphobe. EWWW, EWWW, EWWW - DIE!!!

Tracy said...

I feel for you, I hate, hate, hate them as well!!

Buttercup said...

I've seen mice twice, at two different work places and both times I screamed -- just like in the comics! Hope your mice problem is soon history!

lilly said...

Ugh, I hate, hate mice and rats. I think I have mouseophobia and ratophobia (I made the words up but I swear that's how it feels!)
That's why i also love cats (have two) and snakes (don't have any). You know what they say: 'The enemy of my enemy is my friend.'

Janette said...

No answer for mice- but ants....SIMPLE GREEN. They hate the stuff. If you can mop the area with it and stand the smell for two days...that is the key. We have rid ourselves of other creatures in this manner as well.

Winging It said...

You are too funny! I distinctly remember the first time we had a mouse...good gravy did that cause a stir! I know they are little and kinda cute, but when they are in your space, they just don't seem like they are cute!

Good luck, Julie!
Maria