This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Monday, February 9, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY ...FEBRUARY 9, 2009...
Outside my window...it is so windy, we have a wind advisory. Worried the "berm" of trash may go two blocks down.

I am thinking...of painting my living room.

I am thankful for...my husband.

From the learning rooms...Daddy's planning on doing some lessons in weather (go Daddy!) and I am planning on some poetry.

From the kitchen...that's a good question. I was hoping someone else would answer that! OOOOPS!

I am wearing...my pajamas...still.

I am creating...a resume for a friend.

I am going...to return books to the library.

I am reading...Eragon. I've planned to read it for a long time now, got stalled a couple times, but am enjoying it immensely this time around. Is there such a thing as reading a book at "the right time"?

I am hoping...(and praying) that I can show my children Christ's love instead of my imperfect, impatient love.

I am hearing...the wind blow.

Around the house...so much to do...

One of my favorite things...is this song:



A few plans for the rest of the week:finish the garage project; try to consolidate things in my closet into "space bags." I've heard mixed reviews on them, but at this point have few other alternatives; visit the laundromat with two sleeping bags; get groceries!!

Here is picture thought I am sharing...from nine years ago...

Those were sweet days.
My niece and my oldest
golfing on the front lawn.
It was a lovely place to live.



Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook to find more daybookers.

10 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I always enjoy the daybook. It's a cloudy day right now and warmer at 38 degrees. 'On Ya'-ma

luvmy4sons said...

I too would love to show my children the perfect love of Chrsit...thankfully love covers over a multitude of sins...and there is opportunity in my failures to teach them how to deal with their future failures! Still...I hear ya!

IRENE said...

Such a lovely post!
Yes, there is a right time for everything.
Have a blessed week ahead.

UKZoe said...

I remember one windstorm it wasn't just trash that blew away. Our paddling pool took off and finished wrapped around a tree a couple of hundred yards down the road.

Jill said...

Thank you so much for the lovely comment you left on my site!

About there being a "right time" to read a book, I absolutely believe that. I've done this with a few books. I just set them aside until I'm in the right frame of mind to actualy enjoy them. Have a great day.

Jill

Tracy said...

I enjoyed reading your Daybook, Julie!

Thank you for visiting mine & for your prayers. :)

Winging It said...

I always am refreshed when I visit here, and I ALWAYS leave inspired and with a smile!

And re "I am reading...Eragon. I've planned to read it for a long time now, got stalled a couple times, but am enjoying it immensely this time around. Is there such a thing as reading a book at "the right time"?" FWITW
I really enjoyed this book, and the second, I am hoping to read the 3rd in a week or two! And I am very much timing oriented. I think it really DOES make a difference...! :)

Hugs to you!
Maria

Jen said...

I enjoyed your daybook. Love the picture. I was just looking at our living room also thinking it could use a fresh coat of paint. My husband said OH GREAT! LOL! Have a great day.

Michelle M. said...

What a lovely photo :) I love the Simple Woman's Daybook.

Jenny in Ca said...

nice daybook, I keep meaning to try doing one..then I forget!

I loved Eragon, I hope you enjoy it, it really captures the imagination.

love the photo!