This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Grains of Gratitude

I've seen very little of my computer the last four or five days; this weekend I've seen even less. I've been trying to catch up on all the stuff someone has slacked off on around here--oh wait, that was me who let things get to this state. How embarrassing.

Anyway...with much gratitude, but maybe some brevity:

I am grateful that my darling husband and I found the garage. Oh, no it never really was "gone." It was just...ahem...buried. We participated in the event known as "Breaking Your Back 2009." There's a lovely trash berm at the end of the driveway.

Gorgeous weather on Saturday allowed the garage door to be wide open. Even though I wasn't technically "outside," I might as well have been.

I am grateful that sometimes using Play-Doh with Mom is more fun than using the X-Box. You are never too old for Play-Doh.

Roo has been asked to participate in a short performance. I am grateful (although a bit frazzled with the rearranging it's taken).

We had a lovely Mass today. The Third Grade Class did all the readings and the offertory gifts. Boo participated in a very well spoken way and Roo was very supportive of his brother getting the limelight.

Father talked about being healed versus being cured, you can have your illness cured and yet have your heart remain unhealed. Sometimes an incurable body heals the broken soul. Sometimes you get both. I don't translate things well. But trust me. It was what I needed to hear. Father was back from a vacation and looked so happy and well rested. We missed him, but were glad he got a break.

We sang Precious LORD Take My Hand. I love this song.


Precious Lord, take my hand,
Lead me on, let me stand,
I am tired, I am weak, I am worn;
Through the storm, through the night,
Lead me on to the light:

Refrain

Take my hand, precious Lord,
Lead me home.

When my way grows drear,
Precious Lord, linger near,
When my life is almost gone,
Hear my cry, hear my call,
Hold my hand lest I fall:

Refrain

When the darkness appears
And the night draws near,
And the day is past and gone,
At the river I stand,
Guide my feet, hold my hand:

Refrain
Words by Thom­as A. Dor­sey,
Music by George N. Al­len

I am grateful most of all that no matter what God is in charge.

What are you grateful for?

5 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I am thankful for a little bit warmer days and some melting snow and also that bright beautiful moom this morning lighting my way to work. 'On Ya'-m

Donna said...

I had not listened to "Take My Hand" in a long, long time. It was nice to sit here and soak in the words.

lilly said...

It is a beautiful song. Thank you for posting it.
You also have been tagged by me. Have fun!

luvmy4sons said...

You have inspired me...maybe I will get my boys some play dough! Beautiful song!

Winging It said...

Love this song, and I think I especially like what I picture here "When the darkness appears
And the night draws near,
And the day is past and gone,
At the river I stand,
Guide my feet, hold my hand:"

I got such a kick out of your droll accounting of the garage cleaning activities! We have a Double wide (yes, I AM Queen of the Double wide!) SO, no garage here! But Oh, my! I need a few days where I deep clean, I am sure that I will tackle that very soon!

Much grace to you my sweet friend!
Maria