This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Shadow Box Turned Rubber Stamp Organizer


Lack of storage space has got me looking vertically. Limited funds have me looking creatively. I am a hobby collector and one of my hobbies is rubber stamping. I would much rather spend my money on stamps than those gorgeous cabinets that I see featured in so many magazines. So when I was getting really frustrated with my basket and pile method, I realized how cute or pretty my stamps are. They must look nice if I bought them. So I was trying to figure how to display them and all of a sudden for the small ones I realized that my old shadow box, vintage ‘80s, would work perfectly. Keeps them handy, looks nice on the wall & provides inspiration, keeps them out of a pile…works for me.

Now if someone can show me an inexpensive way to store the big ones.

For more wonderful Works for Me Wednesday ideas head over to Shannon’s Rocks in My Dryer where she hosts some really great ladies and their creative ideas.

8 comments:

Nikki said...

Beautiful! I love it. I think my stamps are particularly lovely to look at as well. I'll have to search the thrift shops and see what treasures I can find to show mine.

devildogwife said...

What a creative and beautiful way to store/display your stamps. Very nice!!

laughing mommy said...

I really like the way your stamp collection looks displayed in that shadow box. I bet it makes a nice conversation starter too.

Christine said...

I've got a small collection of stamps now. I love this idea, I'll have to keep this in mind as my stash grows!LOL!

LinesFromTheVine said...

That is such a great idea...I have stamps in boxes right now but they are difficult to locate when I need just one...this is definitely an idea that I will try in the future!

Tracy

Bss said...

Very cool idea!

Rose said...

What a wonderful way to display your stamps.

Barbara H. said...

This is great! I wonder if any of those types of shadow boxes can still be found. Thanks for sharing!