This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Sunday, March 4, 2007

Grains of Gratitude

I found this last week at Overwhelmed with Joy’s blogsite and thought it was a wonderful way to start the week. The originator of this meme is Christine over at Brady’s Bunch. Both ladies have beautiful blogs. Check them out!

Grains of Gratitude is a way to start the week with five things you are grateful for. Here we go:

I am grateful that my family went to church together last night. For possibly the first time in two years. All four of us. We haven’t had a church home in over four years so this was a big deal. I don’t know that this is where we will land—but we needed to go to God’s House for a bit. We’ve invited Him here in our home and He has met us, but there is something about returning the favor.

For the blessing of my sweet family, I am grateful. My husband (my DarlingCaveGeek) who is trying to be the anchor during this rough time and my precious boys who have given us motivation to keep moving forward.

I am grateful for my sister who has allowed me to say incredibly weird and stupid things on the phone just to vent and not told me how off-base I was. She is my twin—four and a half years younger, who is smarter, better looking and more mature.

For the friends the LORD has put in my life, I am grateful. There are friends who have been around for years and there are new people who have been willing to come alongside and listen and share their journeys and give me encouragement that I have so desperately needed, especially these last weeks.

And most of all, I am grateful to my Father in heaven who has held us in His mighty hand, who has reminded me that my focus must be on Him and the prize and not the trappings of earth.

What are you grateful for?

Psalm 46

1God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.

2Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea;

3Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. Selah.

4There is a river, the streams whereof shall make glad the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacles of the most High.

5God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved: God shall help her, and that right early.

6The heathen raged, the kingdoms were moved: he uttered his voice, the earth melted.

7The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.

8Come, behold the works of the LORD, what desolations he hath made in the earth.

9He maketh wars to cease unto the end of the earth; he breaketh the bow, and cutteth the spear in sunder; he burneth the chariot in the fire.

10Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.

11The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.

3 comments:

Liza's Eyeview said...

I am grateful for Psalm 46 you posted...grateful that we can trust God is very difficult and unsure circumstances in our lives.

I'm glad to read that you were able to go to church as a family. I pray that you will someday soon find a "home church" where you will find true fellowship and support, and a church who loves the Lord the same way you do :)

Bss said...

Our family also went to church together for the first time in months. Even still, my husband was paged to go to work to fix an emergency while we were there. We have stayed home from church for months, and he has *never* gotten a call on the weekend before. It just seems like the evil one makes life so difficult on church days in an effort to keep us away. Thank goodness we can worship in our homes and in our hearts, anyway.

I used to have the first verse of Psalm 46 taped to the front of my sewing machine. I was doing alterations part time after my daughter was born in a desparate attempt to help make ends meet. It was nice to have that constant reminder there for me to see while I worked.

DebD said...

What a lovely idea! I may try to join you someday.