This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Grains of Gratitude



Joy is the most infallible sign of the presence of God. –Leon Bloy

Grains of Gratitude was started by Christine at Brady’s Bunch. It seems a fitting way to start the week being thankful. I don’t always thank my heavenly Father first or praise Him first. Often I run in with my wish list and I need to be more mindful of what I am blessed with first.

This week I am grateful for many interviews on Friday and interviews scheduled for this week. We are hopeful that one of these will yield the job the LORD has planned for my DCG.

I am thankful that my niece got a superior at her piano contest. I wish I could have been there to listen. We are proud of her.

I am thankful my nephew got a trophy bowling. He is such a strong boy. Look out pins!!

This week was parents watch week at my boys dance school. I am so proud of the dancers that they are becoming. They have improved literally by leaps and bounds. I am so grateful for the teachers in their lives that are providing solid training. And I am thankful for all of the people who are encouraging them and offering their talented examples.

The lessons I have learned over the last almost two months have been eye-opening and at times painful, but I have been blessed by them and for that I am grateful.

What are you grateful for?

Psalm 51
For the director of music. A psalm of David. When the prophet Nathan came to him after David had committed adultery with Bathsheba.

1 Have mercy on me, O God,
according to your unfailing love;
according to your great compassion
blot out my transgressions.

2 Wash away all my iniquity
and cleanse me from my sin.

3 For I know my transgressions,
and my sin is always before me.

4 Against you, you only, have I sinned
and done what is evil in your sight,
so that you are proved right when you speak
and justified when you judge.

5 Surely I was sinful at birth,
sinful from the time my mother conceived me.

6 Surely you desire truth in the inner parts;
you teach me wisdom in the inmost place.

7 Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean;
wash me, and I will be whiter than snow.

8 Let me hear joy and gladness;
let the bones you have crushed rejoice.

9 Hide your face from my sins
and blot out all my iniquity.

10 Create in me a pure heart, O God,
and renew a steadfast spirit within me.

11 Do not cast me from your presence
or take your Holy Spirit from me.

12 Restore to me the joy of your salvation
and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.

13 Then I will teach transgressors your ways,
and sinners will turn back to you.

14 Save me from bloodguilt, O God,
the God who saves me,
and my tongue will sing of your righteousness.

15 O Lord, open my lips,
and my mouth will declare your praise.

16 You do not delight in sacrifice, or I would bring it;
you do not take pleasure in burnt offerings.

17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit;
a broken and contrite heart,
O God, you will not despise.

18 In your good pleasure make Zion prosper;
build up the walls of Jerusalem.

19 Then there will be righteous sacrifices,
whole burnt offerings to delight you;
then bulls will be offered on your altar.

5 comments:

Bss said...

Praise the Lord for your Dh's interviews! And also the other blessings you wrote about! We can find so many things to be thankful for, even on our worst days, if we take the time to see the beauty around us.

Bss said...

Oh! I love the Bible Promise verse! One of my favorites!

DebD said...

You've put a smile on my face. Thanks for the reminder to be thankful!

Someday I might join in.

Deb

Overwhelmed! said...

I pray that your husband finds the RIGHT job for him very soon!

It sounds like your family has done very well this week! Hooray!

I love Psalm 51!

amy said...

How lovely.This was the first Psalm I learned as a child so it has importance to me