This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Works for Me Wednesday















Remind me again why I am joyful about litter boxes… Oh yeah, it would be because if we have litter boxes Old Man and Ferocious One don’t pee on the bath mat. Too bad they can’t be convinced to use the toilet, like some cats I have heard of.

I have seen a lot of “designer litter boxes” lately. Litter boxes hidden attractively in end tables and specially made to match the d├ęcor cat commodes. And while my space is at a premium, I really don’t need to have the “cat facilities” in the living area. And I reeeeeaaaaalllly don't want to.
What we do have is an attached garage and we chose to put a pet door from the garage to the lower entry hall. It keeps the kitty mess out of site. There is plenty of room to have their food in one area and their boxes far, far away (oh and it is our storage space so there are no cars—why would you put a car in the garage for Pete’s sake?) And it keeps Poochie from sampling the cat food or worse the litter box cruncy treats.(EEEEWWww!!!) If I didn't have an attached garage and I did have a few more rooms I would consider making a "kitty room" just to keep the boxes away from everything else.

A pet door on the inside of the house…Works for me and the cats!


Visit Shannon's Works for Me Wednesday at Rocks in My Dryer, I've found so many things there that work for me.

4 comments:

Bss said...

That's an awesome idea! I hate the smell of litter boxes. We have an extra bathroom that is attacned to a utility room where we keep the litter boxes. This way I don't have to see it, but I can still smell it. It took a couple of months to find the right combination of litter/baking soda/room deodorizer to make it acceptable for me. I had gotten to the point where I had issued an ultimatum: the smell has to go or *someone* is going to have to live on the roof. (the cats or me) lol

Connie said...

That's a clever idea.
We've hidden our litterbox at the end of the front hall off the LR which is never used. I think we have finally found a litter that actually works at keeping the odor down. It's Tidy Cats Crystals Blend - I'm very impressed with it.

Alexandra said...

We have a pet door to the garage as well. It's wonderful because there is plenty of room in a corner near the garage door fir the kitty box, so cleaning up is easy as well. I just bag and go around the corner to the outside trash can.

Liza's Eyeview said...

Yeah, why use the garage for car when you can use it for storage! I agree (that's what we do :) :)

We actually have a pet door from the garage to outside (we have a side door on the garage). Our cats are "in and out" cats so they do their "business" out side (hopefully not my neighbor's yard).

Their food is inside the garage next to the pet door :)