This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Why Do I Wait?

I spent the better part of Sunday cleaning my side of the storage unit the garage. Since the door is closed most of the time it is easy to forget my least favorite portion of the house. It is easier to just step out and throw place gently what ever is in the house that has no proper location. After a few months the tentative grasp on organization out there collapses and chaos is in charge again. The excuses are many: other things to do, tired, too cold, too hot, need to blog, need to read, need to craft. But the rewards were worth the effort today.

After I completed my work I sat and talked to my DCG. Quite impressed with myself, I told him I felt as if a large weight had been lifted. Then it occurred to me…If it felt so good, why did I wait?

Hope I can remember my lesson.

3 comments:

DebD said...

Our garage is used for storage as well. Its been staring at me for the better part of a month waiting for some much needed attention. The weather hasn't been cooperating and the next two weekends will be too busy. Sigh..

UKZoe said...

i wish I could shut the door on our storage area. As it is it is just a set of shelves down one side of a room which is used for the dining table and computer desk.

Liza's Eyeview said...

Congratulations for doing what you did. I think you'd like my planned post for this week's "Works for me Wednesday". I still am amazed at how "alike" we think and how many "parallels" our lives have :)