This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26
Thursday, September 13, 2007
Just Call Me Alexander
My "Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad" Thursday Thirteen
1. I couldn’t think of thirteen anything to string together coherently—so you are stuck with this.
2. The boys are both sick. Still.
3. And we still HAVE to go somewhere tonight.
4. I’ve had a headache since yesterday. Which means I am likely to get sick.
5. School has not been normal since before…well before mid-August.
6. I am having an “I miss my Mom” day.
7. My hives that started three weeks ago are almost all gone. But I am having nightmares now.
8. The potential for losing it in front of a bunch of people who don’t really know me and don’t really care to is high today.
9. Boo has been having one of his more “interesting behavior” weeks.
10. Auditions are this week and while I hate to sound like a stage mommy, I truly care what happens to my boys. So I am probably more nervous about it than they are—but I would never tell them.
11. My husband will most likely be working this weekend and the next at least eight weekends. He still has to go in normal hours during the week. He just gets to add more hours.
12. He is salaried. So there is no monetary benefit other than keeping his job for all the work.
13. There is a chance, however slight, that we may be obligated to be out of the house six days a week. That is not what a homeschool mom wants to hear—at least not this one.
As I was writing my Terrible Thirteen, I started to be reminded of some positive things though. So not wanting to leave you with my glass half empty, I will give you:
Thirteen Reasons My Glass Is Half Full
1. Once I started writing awful things, I remembered good ones.
2. I have handsome boys who I love and get to care for when they are sick.
3. We have an activity that the boys enjoy to go to tonight.
4. I will feel better soon.
5. We homeschool and it is okay that school has not been “normal.” And we started in July so we were ahead of the game anyway.
6. I had a Mom to miss.
7. My hives are almost gone.
8. I have friends who I will see who will care if I lose it and will be there for me if I do.
9. Both boys are very creative.
10. Auditions are this week. And then they will be over. And the boys have the chance to participate in something very cool.
11. My husband has a job that apparently needs his skills. We didn’t have this from January to April.
12. We have a paycheck to count on to cover our needs and some wants too.
13. We have a home to come home to.
So…I guess, while my head still hurts, I am in a better place than I was at the start of writing.
How are you today? Is your glass half full or half empty? Or is it like mine--both?
THE PURPOSE BEHIND THE THURSDAY THIRTEEN:The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. What do you do? Write Thirteen things about yourself, summarize your week in one entry, make it easy for other bloggers to get to know you on a weekly basis. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged!