This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Menu Plan Monday

Fall is around the corner and the race is on. There is no way I can "land" at home near 7 each night and just "throw something together" (my favorite method). The seat of my pants is going to get a rest and I am going to start planning menus again. With all the activity we will need to have balanced menus to stay healthy. So I am picking up again with Menu Plan Monday with the help of Laura and I will save the b'guess and b'golly for the weekend.

This week we will be having:
Monday--Steak sandwiches & raw baby carrots (The boys have their PSR class this night and we will get home really late so Dad is cooking. The food is always good when he's in the kitchen.)
Tuesday--Baked chicken, broccoli, and steamed rice (We will get home about 6:30 so if the chicken is ready to go it will take about 40 minutes.)
Wednesday--Meatloaf in the crockpot, potatoes & gravy and green beans (This is another night we don't arrive home until about 8 so it can be waiting for us!)
Thursday--Frozen pizza doctored up with extra cheese, turkey pepperoni and some garlic bread & salad. (A 6:30 night so supper can be on the table by 7)
Friday--Stir fry & we will be using the chopsticks!! Don't forget the fortune cookies!

Eat well this week & visit Laura at I'm an Organizing Junkie to get some wonderful ideas for menus and recipes from the other Menu Plan Monday participants.

13 comments:

alisonwonderland said...

it looks like you've got some good planning done; good luck with the execution! have a great week!

Katie said...

Everything sounds so delicious!! Have a wonderful week!

Natalie said...

Such yummy items for quick cooking!

kim said...

I like your new look! I am hoping to have my daughter come over some evening so she can help me with mine--I am getting tired of the green!

Your menu looks delicious and I hope you find that having it planned out helps as much as I do.
*smiles*
Kim

Sandra said...

Yummy, everything sounds great :)

Mrs. Pear said...

Happy Monday!

I have NEVER thought of sprucing up a frozen pizza! It is either baked as is or I make it myself, but this is a wonderful idea!

Thank you!

annie said...

Happy Monday!
Your menu looks delicious!
*´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·’ * Annie *

ScrapFairy said...

I love adding things to frozen pizza, makes it so much better. Great menu this week.

jenn said...

thanks for stopping by to check out my menu. we also have a 'fend for yourself' night when, occassionally, i am up too overwhelmed to even think about dinner. menu planning has helped those nights decrease considerably.

jazzing up the frozen pizza is absolutely brilliant! i am totally stealing that idea to use in our home :O) have a great week.

~jenn
oh p.s. - thanks for the reminder to find joy each day...

Wendy said...

Good luck with your busy, busy week--I hope having your menus already planned will make things feel less crazy. You are still in my prayers.

Zen Master said...

Wow, it's so hard to plan a menu when you get home so late. You did a good job!

Sheryl said...

Looks like a great menu! Love "the seat of my pants is going to get a rest"...lol!!

Training Hearts said...

I never thought to make meatloaf in the crockpot.

Thanks for sharing your menu.
~Tamara
www.TrainingHearts.com