This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Favorite Ingredients Friday

Sandwich Edition
Sloppy Joes

Oh I know, everyone has a family recipe for Sloppy Joe's and I'm sure ours aren't all that unusual, but they are a favorite here and considering that we always are pressed for time these are also easy! Makes them a huge hit in my book.

Also, I cook up the ground beef ahead of time and put it in the freezer all I need to do is thaw in the microwave and add the rest to make the sauce. If I was really smart, I'd just freeze the Sloppy Joes. You'd think so...anyway, the recipe:

11/2 lb ground beef
1 can of Campbell's Beef, Barley & Vegetable soup
1 can of Campbell's Chicken Gumbo
Worchestershire sauce (about 2 tablespoons)
Ketchup and mustard to taste

Mix & serve on buns with shredded Cheddar or Colby Jack cheese.

Visit Overwhelmed With Joy for some real sandwich recipes at Favorite Ingredients Friday. She also hosts the Pay It Forward Book Exchange. I will be participating next Tuesday, giving away The Road by Cormac McCarthy.

What's cooking at your house?

11 comments:

Scribbit said...

I love sandwiches. Soup and sandwiches are possibly my favorite dinner. Well, actually maybe pasta is my favorite but I still love them.

Bss said...

That sounds good! I'm sorry I haven't posted comments lately, but I have been reading! God bless you!

Betsy@TheHomeschoolWay said...

Sounds great!

Renee's Ramblings said...

This sounds great! Thanks for sharing. We'll be trying these out. Have a great weekend.

Kim Davis said...

I have always used the "packet" at the grocery store. I might just have to make your family's recipe, my family's recipe (grin).

Carey said...

These sound good, ive never had sloppy joes like this. Ive always had them with the sloppy joe sauce in a can. Yours sounds yummy. I will definitely try this one.

Mrs. Pear said...

We LOVE sloppy joes, but I do not have a recipe that I am loyal too yet, I just use which ever one strikes my fancy, so you better believe I will be trying this one too!

Sounds so good!

gemma said...

Perfect timing....I have rediscovered the joys of sandwiches. This is on the to do list.

Kathleen Marie said...

This sounds really good. The guys will love this! Thanks so much!

Overwhelmed! said...

Now I would've never thought to put soup or gumbo in my sloppy joe mix. I'll have to try this one!

Thanks for participating in my Favorite Ingredient Friday- Sandwich Edition. I do appreciate it!

Magi said...

Very interesting take on sloppy joes. Thanks!