This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Works for Me Wednesday

works for me wednesdayPicky eaters can be a pain. My kids aren't really fond of Oriental cooking, but can be persuaded to try different tastes and textures if given chopsticks!!


chopsticksWhat other ways can you think of to make the menu interesting that doesn't have to do with the actual food? Good china? Have a picnic? Candle light? I'd love to hear some of your suggestions.

For more Works for Me Wednesday ideas visit Shannon at Rocks in My Dryer.

5 comments:

annie said...

Great idea, I'll have to try that!

proverbs31 said...

Good idea!

I sometimes like to make one big tray of finger foods for us all to share (usually lunch while Big Daddy is at work) instead of using individual plates. I'll cut the sandwiches into squares, slice some veggies and/or fruit, add some chips or popcorn, etc. We all sit and share from the same plate and it makes meal time a little more interesting and encourages conversation together.

SAHMmy Says said...

Great tip--have to wait a bit though--oldest is only 3...can't imagine the damage he could do with chopsticks! For little ones, making faces out of food works for me.

Dawn said...

Good idea. It's always fun for kids to do different things. That reminds me, I have a set of chopsticks and a rice spoon for each kid that we actually bought in China, but I haven't got them out yet. I guess I'd better get them out while they are still kids.

Mrs. Brownstone said...

Great idea!

My kids love using chopsticks when we eat Chinese or Japanese.

How fun to use them to try other new things, too!

Thanks for sharing!