This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Works for Me Wednesday

Progressive Apple Peeler

WFMWWell, really it works for Grandpa (my dad). The last few days we've been blessed with a visit from Grandpa. The boys have been hitting balls at the driving range, visiting a historical farm, and making apple pies.

Grandpa wanted to make pies with his boys! So he figured we'd have what he wanted in the big city to make them...well all but one thing--he packed his apple peeler.

apple peelerMy father is one for gizmos, gadgets and cool tools. He always manages to find neat stuff that really works! And this one is a doozy. I am sure some of you really good cooks already know about this, but I was impressed. My husband was really impressed--he used it to slice pototoes for hobo potatoes and mashed potatoes this week--I guess we could call him the "Potato Guy" or Mr. Potato Head--but I might be pushing it there...BLUSH...welll...ahem & anyway...This was really a helpful kitchen tool.

I looked online and came up with this website that also features more nifty, handy, dandy things. Worth a look.

For more Works for Me Wednesday tips, tricks and smart ideas visit Shannon at Rocks In My Dryer.

Also giving away a book here!!

11 comments:

Lady Why said...

I love my apple peeler/corer! I use it all the time!! It is fabulous, isn't it?!

Nikki said...

I have such a similar peeler. And it is just so handy. I think I'll pull it out to slice this bag of apples to dehydrate them.

emergency storage tips

Overwhelmed! said...

Hey, this looks cool! I may have to get one. :)

Thanks for sharing!

Mrs. Brownstone @ XBOX Wife said...

This is a great tip and one that works! I have a similar one from Pampered Chef, and it is so much fun to use!

Thanks for sharing - hope you're having fun with your dad!

Laane said...

Looks interesting. I've never seen one like that.

Have a great day!

JennaG said...

I heart my apple peeler/corer/slicer--I bought mine when we lived in Washington state.

Deb - Mom of 3 Girls said...

I have one of these, but you know I've never used it... I really need to pull it out! :)

freetofly said...

I have been meaning to get one of those! I just wanted to make sure they really work! Cool beans!

Liza's Eyeview said...

We have exactly that same apple peeler. We got it from L.L. Bean. My husband makes the best apple pie in the whole world and that peeler makes it so much easier. Sometimes he makes up to 6 pies to give as gifts on Thanksgiving or Christmas.

the kids love eating the fresh apple sliced from this :)

We used it mainly for apples. After reading your post, we should try it for potatoes too.

tegdirb92 said...

we have one of those and love it. Cores and slices in lickety split!

Coach J said...

ha,ha!! Mr. Potato Head!! ;)
Loved it!