This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Friday, September 28, 2007

Pay It Forward Book Exchange

Edited to add: Blue Momma is the winner of the giveaway. Let me know how to get this book to you.

Thanks for all of you who entered. Please check back I will be giving away more books very soon.

Pay It Forward Book ExchangeOverwhelmed With Joy originated the Pay It Forward Book Exchange. I participated a little while ago and had so much fun that I am giving away another book!!


The book I am giving away is the first book I won!! And I received it from Overwhelmed, herself. I am giving away The Road by Cormac McCarthy. This is a well written and well conceived book. I will warn you it is bleak, stark and gray. A man wanders “the road” with a young boy. All life as they know it is devastated. I wasn’t able to start this book immediately after I received it, but when I did start it I blew through it in less than two day. It is hard to put down. It will be one I will not forget.

The Road by Cormac McCarthyTwo things the winner will need to do: to win, you need to agree to give this book away, “Pay It Forward” when you are done. The other thing is leave me a comment between today and Friday, September 28th, noon, central time. I will announce the winner Friday evening. As much as I love comments don’t comment here unless you want to win this book—leave me a comment somewhere else. If you comment be prepared to e-mail me your mailing address so I can send you the book.

Visit Overwhelmed With Joy to learn about other books that are being given away. If you want to let your friends know about the giveaway here, feel free to share, but it is not a requirement to win.

9 comments:

Renee's Ramblings said...

Please enter me in the drawing! I've been wanting to read this book for awhile. I'll post about the drawing on my blog. Thanks!

Karen said...

Please count me in, I have heard great things about this one! Oprah picks some great selections. Have a great Tuesday!!!

JennaG said...

Sure--I would love to win. My hubby would say, "Great, another book!"

Overwhelmed! said...

I'm so glad you got through this book. It was bleak, but powerful! Thanks for being willing to "Pay It Forward" to another reader.

I've linked you up in my September Pay It Forward Book Exchange post.

Blue Momma said...

Please enter me in the drawing, too. I've read about this book and would love to read it myself.

I love these pay it forward posts. and the whole pay it forward concept is just so appropriate. We all should make a point to incorporate it into our actions!

freetofly said...

Count me in! :) Sounds like fun! Good reading, making friends, I like it! I havebeen thinking al year about starting a book club, & haven't found the right forum, this may the the ticket! :)

Gene Bach said...

Heck yeah...count me in! Thanks.

susiej said...

I would love to read this book!

Overwhelmed! said...

Congrats to Blue Mama on her win! I'm giving away 2 more books for my October Pay It Forward Book Exchange so stop by for details! :)