This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Monday, December 31, 2007

Welcome 2008: Happy New Years Friends!!

.
The children (four of them--we are with Grandpa & the cousins tonight) are playing electric guitars and recorders, dancing in the kitchen and generally being very rowdy. Grandpa is providing background music consisting mostly of Willie Nelson and some occasional Daniel O'Donnell. The husband is threatening to go to bed soon. (I'll be amazed if that works out!)


2008 threatens to enter loudly. And very coldly--temperature is actually 19 but windchill feels like 10...and it is getting colder. Brrrrrrrr...

But it will be a good year. God is good--all the time. (LISTEN)

Wishing you all a beautiful, sweet and very JOYFUL Happy New Year

10 comments:

Kelli said...

It's blowing hard here and cold, too ... we're staying in :)

Happy New Year to you and yours sweetness!

Barbara H. said...

Happy New Year!

Coach J said...

Happy New Year!
While it was chilly shooting fireworks last night, today promised to be COLD! Which, down here in the Deep South, is a very nice change of pace. :)
Hope to know you more this next year....

Jennifer said...

I just noticed you won the Amazon GC for the Fall Reading Challenge...congratulations! Hope you have a wonderful and joyous New Year!!

Leah in Iowa said...

Happy New Year to you, too, Julie!

Leah in Iowa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DebD said...

Happy New Year! That is cold. We're about to get wacked by that cold front you have.

freetofly said...

What a wonderful, beautiful & noisy Happy New Years picture! My dog ate my speaker wires so I can't hear right now, but I can so very much picture this!

Happy, Happy New Years & much blessing & joy!

Maria

delilah said...

Thanks for stopping over to visit my blog during the Christmas Tour of Homes. I hope you had a great Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Renee's Reading Corner said...

Happy New Year to you too!