This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Saturday, January 5, 2008

It Must Be Love

If this doesn’t say “love,” I don’t know what does.

“Why?” you ask, does an electric can opener set my heart aflutter?

For the last year I have been dealing with some serious pain in my right hand. Sometimes pain that shoots all the way up to the elbow.

Yes, I am aware of what it is. Call it carpal tunnel syndrome or repetitive motion injury, if you will. It hurts. I have braces to wear. It helps when I do. I am stubborn and don’t always wear them. I continue to do the things that cause me pain: crafting, writing, BLOGGING, picking up too heavy objects with my right hand until it totally gives out. Blah, blah, blah…HURTS, blah, blah, blah…stubborn, blah, blah, blah…NO SURGERY, blah, blah, blah…PAIN!!!

Care for some cheese and crackers with my W(H)INE???

Often I am unable to open jars and using a manual can opener causes tears.

So when I came home, I found my shiny new electric can opener on the counter. Taken out of the box of course because…opening boxes even hurts.

Fifteen years and that man certainly knows the way to my heart!

To praise the fabulous man just a bit longer, the can opener was not all that was waiting for me.

I came home to: a clean kitchen, a clean dog (who hates baths), all the garbages emptied, and many of the truffles that I left behind!!! I fully intended to share them with him. Can you believe he limited himself to ONE little truffle a day?

So if the electric can opener does not prove I have a super guy, the fact that there was incredible chocolate left for me should!

Sigh…

Fifteen years—I think he’s doing pretty good!

5 comments:

sheryl said...

Awwww...he's a keeper allright! :)

Heidi @ GGIP said...

That's funny how a certain gift can be so great to a certain person. One time my husband got me an electric bush wacker. I HATE bushes and so I loved that present. ;)

Renee's Reading Corner said...

Sounds like he's a keeper! :)

freetofly said...

You know, people who don't comment so miss out! I mean I loved your post, Julie! Then I read Heidi's comment & Guffaw! I loved that! an electric bushwacker! & it was a good thing! I got the tee-hees going on over here!

What a great guy, no kidding! Clean house, clean dog chocolate! & the can opener! Too bad I'm so far away, 'cause I'd be offering to babysit! ;-)

Welcome Home, Julie!
Maria

Liza's Eyeview said...

15 years... you're doing mighty well my dear. You and your hubby deserves a date :)

Love points to hubby I can tell :)