This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Slowly, Slowly, Slowly...

Things are moving along. Not at the pace that I would like, but this week also included four late-night-outs for me.

Just for fun (and probably because it is oooooooooooold) my dryer decided not to work. So this morning is off to the laundromat because, while I can hang many things to dry inside, I cannot do jeans and bedding. Thankfully towels had been done. Sadly the paint brush doesn't reach that far.

If anyone feels led, I am asking for a prayer for Roo. He is having some knee pain. Most likely growing related, but we are being careful with it. With his activity there is a lot of stress on knees, tendons and ligaments. He also doesn't seem to have the highest threshold for pain. He's a lot like his mother.

Off to load up the van. Hi ho, Hi ho, to the laundromat I go...

Whistle while you work and all that rot...

Links for the videos "Whistle While You Work" & "Heigh Ho." Sorry, not able to embed them--but click away if you want to sing along.

7 comments:

Carrie said...

Roo is in my prayers. Osgood Schlatters (sp?) comes to mind. I hope he feels better soon. He must be miserable.

annie said...

Hope your day is blessed!

luvmy4sons said...

Good idea to watch any kind of pain...Praying he will be alright. I HATE appliance break downs. We had a scare the other day that our furnace wasn't working...just the filter not put in correctly by my son! An AAARGH moment but relief too! Praying you are blessed with an inexpensive solution to your lack of a working dryer.

Fiddledeedee said...

Hope Roo feels better soon! :)

Now I cannot get the "Whistle While You Work" song out of my head. Thankyouverymuch.

Heidi @ GGIP said...

Well at least the laundrymat has big dryers. Here's to health and clean laundry!!

Kim said...

OH bummer about the dryer. What a nusiance when our appliances break down. Hope the laundromat was tolerable and quick and that Roos knees feel better soon.
*smiles*
Kim

Renee said...

I agree with the above...bummer about the dryer! Keeping Roo and all of you in my thoughts and prayers.