This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Monday, November 17, 2008

Because It Just Seemed Like the Thing to Do...

Blogging may be sparse the next few days. A severely crazy person Someone I had the bright idea to paint the boys' room ten days before Thanksgiving, right in the thick of Nutcracker rehearsals, in the car seven days a week...

So if you see me here, you have my permission to ask if I've accomplished my goals for the day. Likely as not, I will tell you, "No!" But feel free to ask anyway.

Pray for me. Pray for my children. Pray for my husband. We may or may not survive this.

Edit to add--Here is the finished project.

6 comments:

luvmy4sons said...

Ok. I laughed aloud because I SO understand. I will pray for you but more so for your family! LOL! Keep us posted!

Simply Heart And Home said...

Julie,

This is my first visit here. Your blog is very sweet. :)

I pray that you are able to rest a bit between activities!

Blessings,

Gina

Jennifer said...

Ha! Laughing with you b/c I decided I wanted to get our dining room painted before Thanksgiving, too. :-) I don't know if we'll make it, but I'm trying! Can't wait to see pics of your project!

Renee said...

Good luck and I will be praying for you all! can't wait to see the pictures.

DebD said...

I thought I was the only one who worked best on crazy deadlines like that. I hope you'll come up for air very soon.

Kim said...

I laughed when I read this! I can so relate. Last year Kerry decided to paint our family/dining/kitchen area 1 week before Thanksgiving. He was on vacation from work...I was not...and I was not much help. OH, and I was hosting Thanksgiving for my whole family. Did we (I mean he) get it done. You bet. He didn't dare not to!
Hope you are all surviving. :)
*smiles*
Kim