This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Friends

Just want to give a wave to Pastor Al and his wonderful wife, Ella. Pastor Al’s blog is on my sidebar.

Al used to be my pastor. Well that is not entirely true. Pastor Al will be my pastor no matter where I live or what church I go to. He and Ella have stood by us in some really wonderful times and some pretty stinky times. And they still claim us. Which is saying a lot. Because I am not the easiest to deal with. And my DCG nearly sent Pastor Al into conniptions with his (unintentional) lounge-lizard version of “I Surrender All” when DCG used to be the praise leader. Al’s put up with a lot. He’s helped us move, and let me say if he still claimed us after that, that was speaking volumes. ‘Coz I had just a "leeeeeeeeeeetttle beeet" of stuff.

Al and Ella have held both my boys before they were more than 24 hours old. Al has done the dedications for both boys and that means so much. I know my boys love Al and Ella and my boys have good taste. Pastor Al taught my children this rhyme:

I eat my peas with honey
I’ve done so all my life
It makes the peas taste funny
But it keeps them on my knife

They have visited and prayed with me in the hospital (for more than baby arrivals) they have been with my family for many ups and downs.

While you can’t comment on Al’s blog, he is worth reading. He is very concise and well read. Thoughtful and eloquent. And if you ever stop at his church you will be welcome. (Edited to add: Pastor Al moved to a new site and I've updated the links. While comments are closed you can send him a note if something he writes blesses you, and I am sure his writing will be a blessing.)

Blessings Pastor Al, blessings Ella. You’ve touched so many lives.

2 comments:

JennaG said...

Love the cute little poem--and it's so nice that you have people in your life like that. I would love to come make some cards with you sometime! It's neat to see the different styles people have!

Liza's Eyeview said...

Friends are a wonderful gift from God. I'm glad to read about this :)