This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Works for Me Wednesday

I had a nice little post all ready for Shannon’s WFMW. Typed up, just needed uploaded and linky-d. But I can’t post it right now. It just doesn’t feel right. I truly don’t mean to sound preachy, but this is where my heart is today.

In light of these last few weeks I offer something that everyone already knows, I am sure. But I’ve got to say it.

Prayer. That’s what works.

Offering prayers for the victims & their families at Virginia Tech and this nation that mourns with them.

Prayers for Heather, Kelli & Amy. Prayer for Jenna's grandmother-in-law. Prayer for dear sweet Izzy.

So many other prayers. If you care to leave a prayer request, I would be honored to pray. Or you can e-mail me if you want— ourjoyfuldays “at” gmail “dot” com.

Our God is bigger than all the trials, and illnesses and fear. Our God is bigger than death.

Prayers for you.

11 comments:

eph2810 said...

Amen to that :)

Amberly said...

I just clicked to your blog and couldn't believe that I had the same WFMW idea! I guess it's just been one of those weeks. Good thoughts!

Overwhelmed! said...

I think this is a wonderful WFMW tip this week. I'm praying for many of the same people that you are.

Thank you for sharing.

Mrs.B. said...

I think this is the best WFMW tip I've read yet!

Thanks for the reminder. (o:

Blessings,
~Mrs.B

Deborah Hooper said...

I have felt such sorrow for the killer. No one is mourning him and he also was made in the image of God until the devil stole him. I am praying today for all the people who are invisible.


http://www.rosefee.blogspot.com

Bss said...

Spending the day today in prayer, also. I enjoyed your dairy pictures. To think that all of those cows are marked and accounted for! They probably receive much better care there than many people do around the world. It is incredibly interesting to see how things are processed and made. That's one reason why I loved watching Mr Rogers on TV!

Mama Duck said...

For sure, the best tip ever. Thanks for the reminder.

Lisa - Lil Duck Duck

susiej said...

What a beautiful gesture -- touching. I'll pray for them.

Mrs. Pear said...

I totally understand about not posting something because that is not where your heart is - you should see the stack of drafts I have!

You are completely right! So often we run in circles in panic...not that I am speaking from personal experience or anything :-) ... rather than going before the Lord in prayer.

This is an excellent post - Prayer is always what works, and I appreciated your comment saying you were praying for our family so much! I could literally feel some of the burden being lifted knowing that another sister was coming alongside us.

May the Lord bless you and smile upon you!

Rae said...

Wow we really are similar today! Excellent post and an excellent WFMW entry. I hope you enjoy the rest of your week! =)

Liza's Eyeview said...

A BIG AMEN!

Yes, Prayer works - mightily!