This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Grains of Gratitude

This week has been one of ups and downs.

I am grateful for the relationship I have with my husband. We are friends and we are family. He is excedingly patient with me, and I need to share that that is not always an easy thing to do because I am just a bit intense and moody at times. My DCG (DarlingCaveGeek) knows just the things to say and do to help ease my heart and mind and return me to level. He's had his work cut out for him this week.

DCG has been a "regular" employee at his new job for just over a week now. The company rolled his contract over so he is no longer a contractor/consultant but really one of the team. This was a blessing. I would be remiss not to share how this job came about after the over 50 day period spent without income. So this is the condensed version:

While unemployed, DCG put out hundreds of resumes, sometimes over a hundred a day. For over 50 days. That is a lot of resumes. He got a lot of responses, but roadblocks were all over the place.

The job he got came at the last minute. We could not have continued waiting without some income in sight past that week.

Two other very firm possibilities were being considered in other cities. A couple of less firm opportunities had been presented nearer home.

DCG never sent a resume to this headhunter/recruiter or this company.

The recruiter remembered his resume from a year before and called him and talked to me initially.

The first interview was scheduled the day of the first call on a Friday.

DCG was warned that while the company wanted to move fast the next interview would likely be the following week sometime probably late in the week—it was on Tuesday. He met the recruiter on Monday the offer came on Wednesday he signed papers on Thursday and started on Friday.


They never considered another candidate for the job.

While I am truly grateful for this job the LORD has provided and I know deep in my heart THIS was where my DCG was supposed to be, I am anxious because real life has set in. The rose color glasses and novelty have worn thin and there are some concerns about this job. I believe that the issues could be roadblocks from the enemy to steal our joy or worse. But we are holding on to the fact that this job seems to be exactly where he/we should be, that it is of God and we are praying to clear these hurdles with grace and good testimony that would only bring glory to the LORD.

I am grateful because even when I doubt and waver, God doesn't.

I was grateful this week to see how the blogging community blessed Heather and her family. And I have been so blessed by Heather's honest and human sharing since she found out she has a brain tumor. Heather will be at Mayo this week--I am sure she wouldn't mind a few extra prayers.

I am grateful my mother is at home and improved from Thursday night. Thursday evening I was in a parking lot getting ready to leave my son's activity and got a call from my dad saying Mom had passed out, fallen and hit her head, but was refusing to go to the hospital. The next day my father did get her to go to the doctor and they found that the likely cause of her issue was seriously low bloodpressure. She was not so happy that she was on bedrest, but I know she could be in the hospital or worse. She is extremely tired from the chemo and the toll it has taken on her. She has taken a leave of absence from work, finally, after two and a half years. I think she deserves to and I think her body needs it. But she is frustrated. Anyone wanting to send up a prayer for my mom would be greatly appreciated.

Grains of Gratitude was started by Christine at Brady's Bunch. I am always grateful to go visit her lovely blog and it is just not possible to see that handsome Brady and not fall head over heels for him. He is a joy!

What are you grateful for?

5 comments:

DebD said...

Its a great idea to write down these remembrances. You can bring them back up when things get rough at dh's job.

Hope your weekend was peaceful.

Liza's Eyeview said...

Job/work is always a tricky one... the good thing is "it keep us praying"... :)

Prayed for your mom...

Liza

Deborah Hooper said...

I am grateful that no matter what my situation, God is there for me. I too have a story like yours. I had just come home from the hospital after blood poisoning from a diabetic acess. My husband had to stay with me in the hospital because I am a large lady and due to the wound could not move myself; hospital staff were just not up to the task. Upon returning to work after missing 3 days, my husband discovered he had lost his job. How was he going to come home and tell me that. God told him to pull into the parking lot of a company and put in an application. He was told they were not hiring, but they let him fill out the form. The next day, he was called in to work. God is always amazing.

so grateful to be Mormon! said...

hi joy: i loved how you said even when you doubt and waver, God does not. your words moved me. we are all so much better off when we strive to remember to be GRATEFUL for our many blessings. i wrote some of my grateful for's in my fri, 20apr "forgiveness" post. i like to write a post/journal and then at the end of it sometimes list some of the blessings i am grateful for that day.

i said a prayer for your mama. i don't think it would do any good though if i called my alaska temple and asked them to add "joyful day's" mama to the prayer list, but i bet it sure would be cute to see what kind of reaction that would draw.

thank you for sharing. blessings to you and your family this day :)

Bss said...

I am so thankful for all of the amazing ways that God works in our lives. My dh had been looking for a different job for a long time. God plopped this job in his lap. We sat back and watched the hand of God work through every step of the process, and it took over a year from start to finish since we were moving overseas. The only real reservation we had about the situation was that dh would have to work on Saturdays (our church day)because the work week over here *was* Saturday - Wednesday. In September, the government *changed* the work week to Sunday-Thursday! We are so grateful!

I will keep your Mom in my prayers.