This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Sunday, June 3, 2007

Grains of Gratitude

I am so grateful for this last week! The chance to recover and rest was much needed. While the house hasn’t seen the benefit of it yet, the health situation around here has improved some. We have one more week of limited group activity so we can continue to heal and relax.

An evening with an old friend, just some one on one girl talk presented itself. It was with much gratitude to my husband for allowing me a night just to be gone from the daily “Mom duties” for a few hours.

When I returned home, I was grateful to find that my little guys had a great time—but still cared enough to say, “Mommmmeeeee!!! I missed you!!” and deliver several hugs & kisses. It’s nice to know they like me.

I am grateful for companions who care enough to walk with us on this life’s path and will share their imperfections as well as their wonderfulness.

I am grateful for “the roadmap” for when the way is confusing, when we have choices, when we need comfort. It is so awe inspiring that our God knew ahead of time what we would need and provided for us.

Grains of Gratitude is a meme for Sundays started by Christine at Brady’s Bunch. It is a nice quiet start looking back to give the new week a great start.

What are you grateful for?

4 comments:

amy said...

I love your posts.. I am grateful for a secure job I dreamed about as a little girl, a home and family

mum2brady said...

Thanks for joining in each week :) I love to read your lists :)

Whooo hooo on getting out for some girl time - I love that :)

And, I'm soooo glad you're feeling better, I hope this week just continues to get better and better :)

Cool book give-aways, I think I'm going to have write a post and get myself into the drawing :)

so grateful to be Mormon! said...

julie: beautifully put! i loved reading your post tonight. we are so lucky to have special folks in our lives to share this walk through life with!! glad you got to have some great one-on-one talk time with one of your gal friends. that is sooo good for us to do that. ~blessings, kathleen :)

ps. i am laughing, i so enjoyed your wedding post. i just read it. so funny! veil in the gutter, oh, that kills me! :)

so grateful to be Mormon! said...

hi julie: i am grateful for the cute little moment my husband did yesterday before we left for work. i posted about it in my blog last night (08jun).

~blessings, kathleen :)