This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Friday, June 8, 2007

Song and Scripture

Psalm 89:1-6

1I will sing of the mercies of the LORD for ever: with my mouth will I make known thy faithfulness to all generations.

2For I have said, Mercy shall be built up for ever: thy faithfulness shalt thou establish in the very heavens.

3I have made a covenant with my chosen, I have sworn unto David my servant,

4Thy seed will I establish for ever, and build up thy throne to all generations. Selah.

5And the heavens shall praise thy wonders, O LORD: thy faithfulness also in the congregation of the saints.

6For who in the heaven can be compared unto the LORD? who among the sons of the mighty can be likened unto the LORD?

This is a beautiful Psalm. I recommend looking up the rest!




I Will Sing of The Merciesof The LORD Forever

I will sing of the mercies of the LORD for ever:
I will sing, I will sing.
I will sing of the mercies of the LORD for ever:
I will sing of the mercies of the LORD.

With my mouth will I make known
Thy faithfulness, Thy faithfulness.
With my mouth will I make known
Thy faithfulness to all generations.

I will sing of the mercies of the LORD for ever:
I will sing of the mercies of the LORD.

Music by James H. Filmore

3 comments:

Irritable Mother said...

With my mouth I will make known Thy faithfulness to all generations.
Yes. I want this to be true of me - that telling of God's goodness and mercy will be a regular part of my every conversation.

Brn said...

Great is thy faithfulness!
Thank you, Father!

(This is Bss, but Brn feels the same way!
I'm just too lazy to change the user name. lol)

amy said...

that song brought back a lovely memory from my childhood..