Coach Jenny asked me to do this meme. If you want to see where this all started look here.
It’s been a hard one for me to do. Not because I can’t think up hundreds of things I love about Jesus. But because I didn’t want to narrow down to five. So I saved it for my Thursday Thirteen. I don’t know that I can do this justice. I’ve read so many eloquent and moving posts out there on this. But here is what I felt led to share…
1.He is not Santa Claus. Santa will only bring me good things if I am good, if I observe the correct holidays and if my family subsidizes his benevolence. Jesus loves me no matter what—now, He wants me to be the best I can be—but the gift is in spite of the fact of my frail and flawed self.
2. He loves little children. And wants us to have the heart of a child.
3. He saw the way people really were and met them as they stood. He touched the untouchable. He didn’t ask them to change until He changed them by meeting them.
4. He knows what I feel. He’s been there, done that, got the t-shirt and more. There is nothing I have gone through that cannot be understood by Jesus.
5. He wasn’t afraid to have a good time. Don’t let anyone tell you that Jesus didn’t have a good time—He endured the ultimate in hardships, but when He was with His friends he had a good time. He didn’t stay away from the wedding, from dinner parties, from gatherings. He was there.
6. He left heaven to walk on earth. I’m just waiting to do the opposite.
7. He wants to share His inheritance. I am the adopted child. I am wanted. I am heir to a kingdom.
8. He was the perfect sacrifice, the lamb without blemish. He fulfilled every prophecy about Himself. I am awestruck at that.
9. He meant what He said. He said, “I Am the Way, the Truth, the Life.”
10. He said what He meant, “No one can come to the Father except through Me.”
11. He grafted me into the vine. Through Him I am able to live here. “I am the Vine. You are the branches. If a man remains in Me and I in him he will bear much fruit, apart from me you can do nothing.” John 15:5
12. He is faithful…even when I am not.
13. Because He loves you as much as me…will you meet Him today, if you never have before? "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me." Revelation 3:19-21 KJV
What do you love about Jesus? Consider yourself tagged.
Thursday Thirteen participants are found at the Hub.