This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Grains of Gratitude with an Award

Just over five months ago I found Grains of Gratitude and Christine at Brady’s Bunch. In my first post I wrote that I was grateful for "For the friends the LORD has put in my life, I am grateful. There are friends who have been around for years and there are new people who have been willing to come alongside and listen and share their journeys and give me encouragement that I have so desperately needed, especially these last weeks.” And I want to repeat that thought today. And the first person who fits that description is Christine, herself.

Reading Christine’s blog has blessed me. The joy that she shares when talking about her children just shines through the computer. She is a mom and a wife to be reckoned with. She loves the family the LORD has given her and you can just tell.

All of her children are beautiful, but I have to admit that I am quite enamored with that handsome and precious Brady. When she shares about him, when I look at her beautiful photos, I am hooked. Christine’s blog is one I go to when I want to refocus. Imagine my surprise the other day when I went and found she gave me The Blogger Reflection Award. And the people she included me with. Wow. I was really surprised and blessed. Thanks Christine! You are one of those people who I would really like to meet someday. I am grateful for what I know of you already.


The Blogger Reflection Award rules say this: Here are the rules for passing this award on: The reason for the title is because this award should make you reflect on five bloggers who have been an encouragement, a source of love, impacted you in some way, and have been a Godly example to you. Five Bloggers who when you reflect on them you get a sense of pride and joy... of knowing them and being blessed by them.
1. Copy this post.

2. Reflect on five bloggers and write a least a paragraph about each one.

3. Make sure you link this post so others can read it and the rules.

4. Go leave your chosen bloggers a comment and let them know they've been given the award.

5. Put the award icon on your site

So the five bloggers I am passing this on to are

Kathleen—so grateful to be Mormon. Kathleen is one of the most exuberant, enthusiastic bloggers I have “met.” She seems to take seriously the charge to “love one another.” If Kathleen is blogging there will be gold at the end of the rainbow, a silver lining on the clouds, and a “priceless” piece of perfection in her post. She doesn’t sound like she is stretching to be cheerful when she does this. She just practices finding good things. Kathleen has encouraged me so often.

Jenny—Home Is Where You Start From. Her blog name says it all. Her love for family, her commitment to raise her children following her convictions, her comfortable style of writing and wisdom while homeschooling her children have made me think and given me a boost in my homeschooling efforts.

Liza—Liza’s Eye View. Can you get more beautiful that Hawaii?? Well yes, you can get Liza. She is one of the first bloggers who I felt welcomed by when I first started blogging. She left lovely comments and from the comments and her blog I came to see how much we have in common in our children and our lives in general. Except she gets to look out at Hawaii & I get to look out at…well Sonic. Liza’s gift of sharing her joy in the LORD has blessed more than me.

Jennifer—Scraps and Snippets. Jennifer is one of those people who comes in quietly an make a difference when you “watch” how she lives out her faith. “Watching” via reading her blog has blessed me. Her strength and love for the LORD and for her sweet family is evident in each post.

Amy—Amy’s Random Thoughts. Amy was another one of the welcoming faces when I moved into blogging. She is about being real, loving people, especially her husband and the daughter that they are going to adopt. Reading Amy’s blog is like walking out your back door and stepping over at to the neighbors and poking your head in and yelling, “Hey!! Where’s the coffee?” Because Amy will be there to chat with you and share what’s on her mind & ask what is on yours.

For these bloggers I am grateful.

For all my friends, old and new, I am grateful.

What are you grateful for today?

My prayer request update for my mother is here. I am also grateful for all the prayers and sweet words.

10 comments:

so grateful to be Mormon! said...

ah julie! you beautiful soul! thank you for doing this. you brought a happy tear to my eyes. what a "priceless" way to start this day. we are but a mirror to reflect back the good we see in others (or hope to). your grateful posts, your words, have brought me such peace and encouragement. so glad to have stumbled upon you sweetie. happy Sabbath. thank you for blessing me, kathleen :)

ps. thank you again for the adorable award and what you wrote about me. too kind!

Liza's Eyeview said...

I am honored and humbled at the same time. Thank you - this bloggy award means a lot because "reflections" is the very heart of my blog.

I still remember the first weeks "we've blog meet" :) - yes, our family and life has many similarities ....

It's always a joy coming to your blog. It's a blessing.

amy said...

I will post my award tomorrow right now I am so sleep deprived I have to go to bed. That was so beautiful and thanks for writing exactly what I want my blog to be about..You truly made my day. You will never know how happy that made me!

so grateful to be Mormon! said...

julie: you still made my day! thanks sweetie, kathleen :)

Jennifer said...

What a wonderful surprise! Thank you so much for your sweet words and this special award. Your comments on my blog from the beginning have been so encouraging, and today I am with Amy...you have made my day! Thank you and (((hugs)))...Jen

Dapoppins said...

Wow, I think I need to fallow some of these links!

PS
the garden picture on your sidebar is just gorgeous.

mum2brady said...

Awwww - I'm all teary now! Thanks sooo much!!! I don't think I'm nearly as neato as your post makes me out to be, but I do love my family and the Lord, and I'm grateful each day for the blessings he sends me!!

I'm especially grateful to have met amazing blog friends like you!!! I hope we can meet in real life one day - I would love that :)

Thanks for making my day and bringing a smile to my face :) And - for joining in to grains each week - it really means a lot :)

Renee's Ramblings said...

Congratulations on your award! This post is beautiful- thank you for sharing.

so grateful to be Mormon! said...

julie: you encourage me so much, too. grateful for you, kathleen/grateful

ps. hope your mom is doing better. in my prayers today.

Jenny in Ca said...

wow, you really made my day/week/month by including me in your list! Thank you very much for your kind write up. I am really honored, and I will have mine up soon..I am really suffering from writers block or foggy brain, or something!! I will have to check out the other bloggers you listed, I am only familiar with one other.

thank you, thank you for making me feel special!