This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Prayer Request Update--For My Mom

Many thanks to all who’ve offered prayers for my mother.

The information I have seems incomplete and part of that is because I didn’t go there as planned. While to someone outside my family that sounds very strange, it seemed the right thing to do because my father has said I should just stay here and he will keep my posted. And right now I feel the need do what he feels best. My sister has also worked hard to keep me in the loop and while she had a chance to speak directly with the doctors yesterday there still seems to be many unanswered questions.

Mom remains in the hospital and was unable to receive the experimental chemo that they had hoped she would. She still remains very weak, but a few of her “tubes” have been removed and she was pleased about that. They have found an infection that I am sure is contributing to her overall situation. She actually called me herself last night and was able to talk for about five minutes before she got too tired.

Next week is an annual trip we always make there, so that visit is still going to happen.

Again many thanks for the prayers and good wishes. They mean so much.

10 comments:

Liza's Eyeview said...

We have some guests staying in our house for 12 days now so I have not done much blog visiting this past two weeks. I just read about your mom. Ill have her, you and your family in my prayers.

I understand about the change of plan of not going there right away. I pray that your trip there next week will go well.

Kelli said...

You know we are all praying. For each of you. God id faithful.

DebD said...

Praying for you and your whole family.

kim said...

Praying for you and your mom. I will never forget the beautiful tribute post you wrote about her a few weeks back. I am sure being far away is hard for you--your mom sounds wonderful.
*hugs*
Kim

sheryl said...

Continuing to pray for your mom, your dad, you, your family!!
(((HUGS)))

Jennifer said...

Praying for your mom and for you and your family during this time. I can imagine how hard it is for you not to be there. Sending (((hugs))) to you...

JennaG said...

So sorry your mom is going through all of this--and you guys too. It's very tough. Praying that you have a great visit next week.

Bss said...

I haven't read any blogs in a week, so I'm late hearing the news about your mother. I just prayed for her, and will continue to pray for her, and the rest of your family. God loves you.

Renee's Ramblings said...

I'm late reading your blog this week but I will definitely keep you, your family and your Mom in my thoughts and prayers. Have a safe trip visiting with her.

so grateful to be Mormon! said...

julie: God knows you and is always holding you in His hands, gently guiding you and nudging you along and encouraging you. you are not alone.

blessings this day my friend, kathleen