This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Monday, December 17, 2007

Christmas Tour of Homes

We love snow! In theory and in pictures anyway.


And last year thanks to BooMamaI had more fun than watching HGTV by visiting all the homes on her bloggy tour. I have to share that was something I wanted to do. But you can't be part unless you have a blog--so somehow that was one of the motivators for me to start this one.

Christmas Tour of Homes


So welcome! Kick off your shoes and watch out for the cat, who will try to trip you so you might hear his pathetic tale. He says he is starving. The dog will spin circles and show off if I don’t kick her out of the house for the moment. The boys might too—but I will have to let them stay in.

The blog is decorated for Advent. Sunday was Gaudete Sunday, so we are pink this week. And that is remarkable because for those who know me, I am never pink. Pink is as common as tulle around here. But it’s the week of the pink candle. Next week we will be back to purple.

The house is as decorated as it is going to get. The snowmen peer through the debris of daily life. The counters are filled and rearranged when baking is attempted. Hohohoho!!

Here are some of the tchotchkes scattered. And there is tree…I think the maps give us a more “international flair.” Ummm…pretend with me. Please?


If you would like a few more pictures of the tree you can look here.

There are some of my favorite ornaments to be found on this sidebar. My newest snowbear Marvin is there, also some cute mice and skates and a snowman. Those were my mom’s so those hold memories of her.


We have goodies galore. There is a pot of chocolate caramel coffee on and a choice of tea. Would you like Sugar Plum Spice, Candy Cane Lane or Gingerbread Spice? Hot chocolate and apple cider are also available.



The boys liked making these!






The sugar cookies are works of art, let me say.


And my friend just shared the peanut butter cookies. We are going to do a gingerbread house later. Hopefully this year the dog won’t eat it.

This is the Nativity. It is up year round. It is something I really enjoy and can’t bear to put away. The people pieces are Hallmark ornaments.
The camels came courtesy of Wal-Mart. The backdrop from Hobby Lobby. A nice retail contrast I think. One of my little secret dreams is to have the time and funds to visit a ceramic shop like I used to as a child and create a Nativity from the greenware. Maybe someday.

Oh, it’s time to continue on visiting the rest of the participants? I am so glad you stopped by. Have a lovely time with the Christmas Tour of Homes. Thanks BooMama!! I will be around to be a peeping Tom voyeur see all your fabulous decorating soon!

78 comments:

Southern Heart said...

Your tree is absolutely lovely, and I love your snowmen, too! I think that the hand-decorated cookies are the best part...that is what makes this holiday special!

Merry Christmas,

Andrea

Lisa@Take90West said...

Your tree is beautiful!
Merry Christmas.

Kelli said...

That tree is amazing! And I love the snowmen people :) It's precious that you have some of your mom's ornaments ... so far the only ones I've been lucky to get are the cheap, ugly plastic popcorn people. Ugh.

Senkyoshi said...

Merry Christmas!

PEA said...

Thank you so much for opening your home to us, you truly do have it beautifully decorated. I, too, am partial to snowmen and have many of them decorating my home:-) Merry Christmas to you and yours! xo

Hootin' Anni said...

...and I bet those works of art are delicious too!!!!

Mine's posted. I have two versions.

A thumbnail short version
and
a
slide show long version.

JanMary said...

Lovely blog, great tree and very cute snowmen.

Merry Christmas to you and yours from Northern Ireland.

Julie said...

Your home is lovely - I especially like your snowmen!

Merry Christmas!

blue thistle books said...

What a beautiful Chritmas tree! And your goodies are callin' my name!

Blessings,
Mycrazylife

Antique Mommy said...

I love all of it. I couldn't pick a favorite.

KarenHarveyCox said...

Your Christmas tree is truly amazing, so beautiful. I love your snowmen collection too. Have a Merry Christmas, Karen

Multi-tasking Mommy said...

Beautiful tree!
Happy Holidays.

Check out my place:
Circle of Life

amyswandering said...

Everything looks so pretty & delicious!

Barbara H. said...

I enjoyed your Christmas tour! Everything is so nice. I especially love that first snowman figurine. And I like the mix and match Nativity!

Barbara H. @ Stray Thoughts

Mommy Cracked said...

The nativity set is just beautiful. Everything looks amazing! Merry Christmas!

windycorner said...

Mind if I borrow some of your ideas for tree decorating? It's beautiful! Merry Christmas.
Holley

Mrs. Pivec said...

I love your tree; so beautiful with the blue lights!

Mmmm... caramel coffee sounds delicious!

Have a Merry Christmas!

Coach J said...

I love it all! I just wish I really could come in person to see it and drink of that caramel coffee. We'd have us a good day, friend! :)

Jenni said...

We homeschool too, so I totally understand the "map touch"! LOL!

Your home is lovely, and so is your blog! TFS!

Susanne said...

Your tree is gorgeous! Thanks for the tour!

Dianne said...

Merry Christmas! Thanks for inviting us in your home. : )

Jen said...

Your home is so beautiful! I absolutely adore your tree. It is amazing! Thank you for sharing!
Jen

Janet said...

Your home looks beautiul and I love your sense of humor!!
Janet

Natalie said...

The snowman with the snowflake sweater is just too cute! Thanks for that delicious coffee!

Crooked Eyebrow said...

What a beautiful tree!

Merry Christmas!

Crooked Eyebrow said...

What a beautiful tree!

Merry Christmas!

Robin said...

I love your "pieced together" nativity - it is so pretty. And appropriate too I think - aren't we all "pieced together" in some way or another? And it is the Christ Child who makes us all as one.
You have a lovely home.

It's a Mom Thing said...

Thanks for the tour.

Sileena said...

What great decorations. I love your nativity. Why put something so precious in a box?! Merry Christmas.

Miss G said...

the lighting on your tree is beautiful! Merry Christmas!

Lauren@Baseballs&Bows said...

Everything just looks wonderful! I know your family appreciates your efforts in making Christmas so festive for them! Your tree is especially beautiful!

Jen said...

Loved your tour. Enjoy it all. Happy holidays!

Lynne said...

Love the tree! Merry Christmas!

Susie Q said...

I loved your tree and decorating for the days in Advent! So special.
I think leaving the Nativity up year round is a beautiful gesture.
The home made goodies look so good and taste even better I bet!

Have a joy filled Christmas!

Hugs,
Sue

Nicki said...

I love snowmen too! They are all so cute!

KC said...

I love your snowmen and your tree is beautiful.
Thank you for such a wonderful tour.. don't mind about the cat I have more then I need running around my house tripping me up.
OH and the suger cookies.. YUMMY
You should stop by my place for some pie. :)
Merry Christmas

Dene said...

The goodies look beautiful! What fun you must be having.

Big Mama said...

Your tree is beautiful!

PowersTwinB said...

I love that you leave your Nativity out all year long! It is just beautiful! Your boys look like they are concentrating hard on decorating those cookies

Nancy said...

I love it all-especially your nativity. I think it's great that you enjoy it all throughout the year. Thanks for letting us peek into your lovely home.
-Nancy

Monkey Kisses said...

mmmmm my favorite.. pretzels covered in chocolate.. and what a cute idea

Nan said...

Thanks for the lovely tour.
Nan

Melissa Markham said...

Your tree is beautiful and the fact that you leave out your nativity is unique and wonderful! Merry Christmas!

Mica Garbarino said...

thank you for stopping by. You also have a lovely home. wishing you a merry Christmas !!! From Garb-oodles Soup http://garboodles.typepad.com/

My blogger addy is different from where you visited. This one is my home school blog. Blessings.

Mica

Jenn said...

your tree is beautiful!!! job well done!

Michelle said...

how lovely.your tree is beautiful.merry christmas

Fiddledeedee (It Coulda' Been Worse) said...

Your tree is STUNNING! Beautiful pictures. And Merry Christmas to you!!!

Susie said...

Very cute decorations. Love the cookies too! Kids are such great helpers in baking. Merry Christmas!

Lana G! said...

Merry Christmas! Everything is just beautiful!

Deb - Mom of 3 Girls said...

Your tree and decorations are beautiful! I love snowmen, so it's so much fun to see all of the different ones you have! :)

CrownLaidDown said...

We love snow, too! We are so glad that the LORD moved us to Colorado, where snow abounds.
Blessings on you this Christmas!!
Holly

Jennifer said...

Your decorations are just lovely! I especially love all the snowmen! Thanks for sharing. Merry Christmas to you & yours.

Jennifer :-)

Marla Taviano said...

I love that you keep your nativity set out all year round!

The Garners said...

What a beautiful tree! Thank you for the tour!

Heather said...

Wow! What a great tree! I also love your nativity. Hope you have a blessed Christmas!

Gretchen said...

I love the picture of the Christmas cookie decorating. :) Enjoy your lovely home for Christmas and always.

Gattina said...

A very pretty tree !!

Love Sows Seeds said...

Lovely decorations, thank you for sharing.

Biscuits & Grits said...

Those kiss/pretzel goodies look so good!! I think I will take a few to go. Thanks for sharing your Christmas with us.

Robin

BJ @ http://freedomfiles.homeschooljournal.net said...

Pretty tree! Thanks for sharing. Merry Christmas.

Waitingonyou2 said...

Thanks for stopping by our home! I just love your ornaments, the tree and the little snowmen! :- )

Merry Christmas!

Nise' said...

Thank you for inviting me into your home. Your tree is beautiful. Are you a Boyds collector (Marvin Snowbeary)?

gail@more than a song said...

Your tree is so pretty! And those kisses look really good too. Thanks for showing us around, and for visiting me!

Queen of My Domain said...

Your tree is just beautiful and I love your snowmen. Thanks for sharing with us.

Heather said...

Beautiful! Merry Christmas!

Ornery's Wife said...

Beautiful tour, I especially liked all the pix on the sidebar. Merry Christmas!
TM

the160acrewoods said...

dogs eat a lot of things they shouldn't at christmastime! one year mine at a present of smelly candles I had wrapped for someone!

Shari said...

i think it's great to keep the nativity out. i keep my precious moments nativity out all year.

boomama said...

Will you decorate my tree next year? :-)

Gorgeous!

Fulmer Fam said...

I feel the same way about the nativity, I hate putting it away, maybe I need to find a place to have it out all year too. Merry Christmas!

momof2girls said...

What a beautiful tree! Thanks for visiting my blog, too. Christmas blessings to you.

MamaArcher said...

I love the snowmen and the Nativity!
We love snow in REALITY too and are missing it this year!

Meghan said...

THANKS FOR THE TOUR!

Bev Brandon said...

Just loved seeing your boys making those delightful cookies!
#339 on boomama's tour

boysmum2 said...

Love the snowmen in the first picture.
Thanks for inviting us in.
Merry Christmas

Tamara said...

Those holiday pretzel kisses are cool! And I love that star in your sidebar!

http://ponderedinmyheart.blogspot.com/2007/12/oh-theres-no-place-like-home-for.html

mwmuse said...

Thank you for sharing! The candy pretzels look yummy!! :)

sheryl said...

Oh...I so enjoyed this! And your tree is lovely!
Chocolate carmel coffee??? I'll be right over :)
Praying your Christmas was truly blessed and that your new year 2008 will be also!