This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Spring Reading Thing Update

Alright, I really am not good at following a list. I get distracted easily and I have been distracted. There is less than a month left in the Spring Reading Thing hosted by Katrina over at Callapidder Days and I am wondering just what will really get accomplished.

I have ten books!! left to go. TEN!!! But I also have read five that weren’t on the list and am half-way through a sixth and seventh not on the list. Plus two more that are on the list. Plus the stack that is by the chair. I am sorely tempted to take the whole lot back to the library and start over.

Books Read On the List
The Ill-Earth War
The Princeling
Outlander
The Age of Innocence
The Oak Apple

Healing ADD


Books Read NOT On the List
The Black Pearl
The Virgin’s Lover
Physik
The Open Door
The Long Shadow


Reading Right Now
The Hurried Child
The Unprocessed Child
Scattered
The Chevalier


On the List But Not Read
The Crossing Places
Eragon
The Forest House
The Jesus Incident
Practicing the Presence of God
Spiritual Direction
Eastern Orthodox Christianity

Eastern Orthodox Theology
In His Steps


The same situation has occurred in reading with the boys. Bunny trails and distractions have added to what we’ve read, but the list is only one lighter…

On the List and Done
Misty of Chincoteague

On the List and Not Done
Stuart Little
Little House
Heidi


Done But Not on the List
Mr. Popper's Penguins
Mrs. Piggle Wiggle
Smokey the Cowhorse
Alice in Wonderland


Sigh…some habits are hard to break.
We shall see where I stand in a less than a month.

Just a note to let everyone know that during the week of June 4-8 (next week) I am scheduled to give away 5 new books provided by Glass Road Public Relations!! Check back then to see what books are being given away.

3 comments:

KarenW said...

I haven't had nearly the time to read that I thought I would. (Too much blogging, probably!) I still have a way to go but it's been fun to challenge myself.

Jenny in Ca said...

I so know what you mean, I'm beginning to wonder if I have a form of homeschool mom A.D.D. - I get on rabbit trails too, and I've read a bunch that is not on my list.

Barbara H. said...

Wow, you've done a bunch of reading!! I figure even if I don't get all my list done, just setting the goals helps me to be more focused and read things I would otherwise let sit on the back burner for ages.

I read In His Steps a couple of times, the first time in my 20s. Very good -- probably a classic. I think I may have read parts of The Practice of the Presence of God. It's another of those I have always meant to read "some day."

Thanks for visiting or commenting on my blog! :)