NEBRASKA HOUSEWIVES STUMBLE INTO CRIME FROM 1960sCyndy Salzmann’s Friday Afternoon Club is hip deep in Crime & Clutter
“When life gets sticky, dip it in chocolate,” say the six feisty members of the Friday Afternoon Club (FAC) whom fans of Salzmann’s first book, Dying to Decorate, fell in love with. Luckily, the FAC always has plenty of chocolate on hand. At one meeting, the dog was poisoned with chocolate. (She survived,thankfully, although the carpet wasn't so fortunate.) Another time, they decided to highlight their own hair, resulting in pumpkin-colored stripes. But while carpets can be cleaned and hair color restored, this coming April, the FAC girls are about to find themselves in the middle of a sticky situation with ominous consequences.
Club member Mary Alice keeps a perfect house, cooks perfect meals, and documents everything about her perfect world in her coordinated scrapbooks. Therefore, everyone is astounded to learn that she's hiding a decrepit 1963 Volkswagen mini-bus that she refuses to talk about. It doesn't take long before M-A's secret is out. She's a flower child, born on a commune to hippie parents. The van is all M-A has left of her father. But as the gang helps her sift through the junk, they stumble upon a deeper mystery.
Set in both the present day and the turbulent 1960's, Cyndy Salzmann takes her readers along on a journey filled with as many twists and surprises as there are recipes and household tips. The novel is full of hints such as how to create a sweet-smelling house using vinegar, baking soda, and soaked cotton balls. It even has recipes ranging from Vegetarian Lentil Stew to Pesto Cheesecake. And, of course, there are chocolate recipes enjoyed by the FAC girls.
Cyndy Salzmann is a member of the National Association of Professional Organizers and the author of three nonfiction books on home management, one of which focuses on getting rid of clutter. She speaks nationally on the topic of home management and has a weekly radio spot airing on Moody station WDLM. Her novels celebrate life while making her readers laugh at the dilemmas faced by millions of modern women.
This is one of five books in the giveaway this week. Don't forget to leave a comment for this post or any one of the other review posts & link back to the rules post.
With a title like this, the book has to be a winner! I know all about clutter. My house is so cluttered it is a crime. Actually this book arrived today and looks just wonderful. I have a copy for me and for the winner!!
Book 1:Gone With the Groom
Book 3: Veil of Fire
Book 4: Bygones
Book 5: Fair Game
7 comments:
I do like the title of this book. Hmmm, its tempting me to join the fun.
I like the title of this book as well. Sounds like another good one.
I read the title and immediately thought "She wrote it just for me!" Of course, no one would accuse me of keeping a perfect house etc, and I missed the 60's (born in 75), but it still sounds great!
And I am going to need to rest after unpacking all those boxes...before the open house I have told everyone about.
Please excuse me while I hyperventilate!
This book sounds very intersting. Could be because my husband has a deep passion for the VW bus or it could just be the chocoate.
Sounds like a great book!
Add me!
I think I'm already signed up to be entered for all 5 book drawings but just in case, please enter me for this one! :) I'm from NE you know.
Post a Comment