This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Thursday Thirteen


Blogging was a new adventure for me in 2007. When I began I had never heard of StatCounters or considered what was involved in my Google searches. But I learned quickly. Here are thirteen Google searches that landed visitors at my blog in 2007. Thankfully or oddly enough, my blog does not come up quickly for most of these any more.

Thirteen Google searches that lead me to say..."What were you people thinking?? I don't think you will find this here!" But I was glad they visited.

1. chocolate is cheaper than therapy rubber stamp--I too would love to have this as a rubber stamp. I am sure it is available. Just not here. I have talked about the three things though, chocolate, rubber stamps and therapy. All in the same post even!

2. eclectic parrots--do they like Jimmy Buffet and Johann Sebastian Bach? Do they say random things? I am curious?

3. scarlet macaws mac & cheese--I hope this was not for a recipe. Yikes!!

4. in the bible scarlet macaw--Well I don't know that they are mentioned specifically, but I am sure God enjoyed the color palette for those.

5. My dog ate a loaf of bread--yeah, I know I blogged about that.

6. the little ants march to Jerusalem--I had no idea when they went one by one and two by two that they were headed there. Who knew?

7. what do you call an ant with no hair? I don't know, Curly?

8. what four things are smaller than an ants mouth--ant breakfast, ant lunch, ant dinner and ant snack? Just guessing.

9. age of innocence poodle--as opposed to those not-so-naïve poodles, you know the ones who say, "Ooooo-la-la" and "Voulez vous...?" OOooops...never mind, this is a family friendly blog.

10. jennifer van roo ballett--clueless, just clueless.

11. dr seuss passover plagues--The venerable Theodor Seuss Geisel wrote on many things. I did not know he wrote a book on a Jewish Holy Day...but I've learned a lot around here. I wrote about a plague of frogs once.

12. childrens bible lessons on rockets or spaceships--I don't think the Bible mentions spaceships, I know I've mentioned the Bible more than once, I may have mentioned spaceships...?? The scarlet macaw in the Bible made more sense.

13. how to make a tapir shadowbox--Okay, I like tapirs. I really do. But perhaps this is a bit much.

I need to start saving some more searches that land people at the Joyful blog in 2008. What odd things do visitors look for at your site?

Find more participants for Thursday Thirteen!

THE PURPOSE BEHIND THE THURSDAY THIRTEEN:
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. What do you do? Write Thirteen things about yourself, summarize your week in one entry, make it easy for other bloggers to get to know you on a weekly basis. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged!

16 comments:

grace said...

Great idea for a TT. I have lots of weird phrases for google searches that land visitors in my blog too.

Donna said...

I get a kick out of some of the google searches that lead to my blog. I think the most common one is "how long can a cold last", about which I actually did do an entry. But some are downright kinky, and make me wonder what sort of people are ending up on my blog!

The Mocha Mom said...

LOL- great list! Very interesting to say the least. I am up too.

storyteller said...

What an unusual list ... and it reminds me how I never cease to be amazed at how some folks spend their time and energy. Who knew?
Hugs and blessings,

Liza's Eyeview said...

Oh my - very entertaining to read! :)

Happy Thursday!

pussreboots said...

Funny list. Happy TT and thanks for stopping by.

geek-betty said...

this made me lol!

Sue said...

Those are too funny :) Happy TT

Rebecca said...

I always love seeing what searches bring people to my blog. :)

Nicholas said...

Some of those are just too weird! Great list.

Renee's Reading Corner said...

You are just too funny! Thanks for the smiles. Great ideal, by the way.

sheryl said...

This was such a fun read...#8 had me totally laughing! I have to go figure out how to find out what has brought people to my site.
Thanks for the fun read :)

Carey said...

Too funny! Just curious...how do you find out what people google to get to your blog?

Joyful Days said...

Carey--I have StatCounter on my blog, there are others like SiteMeter and I can't remember all the names. With StatCounter, and I assume the others there is a file that shows what Google searches landed someone at your blog.

E-mail me at ourjoyfuldays "at" gmail "dot" com, if I can give you any technically challenged advice that I may have. :)

Julie

Sonya said...

These are odd but interesting! It's pretty amazing how people come to find a particular site on the web! Maybe we should ask Al Gore since he invented the internet! LOL!

freetofly said...

You have had me cackling like a hen laying eggs, Julie! What a hoot!

love these in particular (well, I couldn't just repeat the whole list, but it WAS all that good!)

7. what do you call an ant with no hair? I don't know, Curly?

8. what four things are smaller than an ants mouth--ant breakfast, ant lunch, ant dinner and ant snack? Just guessing.

You are so creative, Julie! So creative! Thanks for making me smile and laugh!