This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Favorite Ingredients Fridays--Grilled Salmon Skewers

This week I found Grilled Salmon Skewers at Prevention. Not only does it look wonderful, but it looks healthy!! Who knew??

INGREDIENTS:
1 pound salmon filet without skin
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup honey
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger root
1 clove fresh garlic, minced
pinch of freshly ground black pepper
12 fresh lemon wedges
12 skewers

DIRECTIONS:
Slice salmon lengthwise into 12 long strips, and thread each onto a soaked wooden skewer. Place in a shallow dish.

In a bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, honey, vinegar, ginger, garlic, and pepper. Pour over skewers, turning to coat. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. When finished marinating, transfer marinade to a small saucepan, and simmer for several minutes.

Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat.

Lightly oil grill grate. Thread 1 lemon wedge onto the end of each skewer.
Cook skewers on the preheated grill for 4 minutes per side, brushing often with marinade, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Visit Overwhelmed With Joy's Favorite Ingredients Friday to find many more recipes.

5 comments:

ChupieandJ'smama said...

That sounds like a very yummy recipe! Thanks so much for sharing. Have a blessed weekend :)

Michelle said...

My mom loves salmon! I'm going to send her this recipe -thanks!

Coach J said...

I like salmon, and this sounds really good. I'll have to try it the next time hubby suggests fish for dinner! :)

Magi said...

These sound awesome. Thanks!

Overwhelmed! said...

I've never tried to grill salmon in this way before. It sounds delicious!

Thanks so much for participating in my Favorite Ingredients Friday recipe exchange. I do appreciate it.

I hope to see you again this coming Friday!