This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Works for Me Wednesday--Card Keeper


I am a cardmaker, not a scrapbooker. I love scrapbooks and admire the talent and creativity that goes into doing that--I am just not very patient. I want immediate results. So I make cards and while it isn't completely immediate, it is faster.

I also participate in card swaps sometimes. And I like to save my goodies (Edited to add I like to save the cards my swap friends send me. Most of my cards are given away.) instead of using them. But storage was an issue. Since most of the ladies make cards that are 4 x 51/2 (approximately) I decided to take an old photo album that had found its way to my home with no use in sight, and put inspirations in there.
Now I can keep it handy to admire or to try a new technique, but it sure takes up less room and the cards stay neat and clean. And it works for me!

To find lots of neat Works for Me Wednesday ideas that might work for you--go visit Shannon at Rocks in My Dryer. The ideas never end.


13 comments:

so grateful to be Mormon! said...

hi julie: excellent idea! i, too, love making cards, but i give em all away :)

i admire scrapbooker pages, but it's not my thing. i prefer to make cards and to make "altered books."

~blessings, kathleen :)

Amberly said...

What a cool idea! Love the cards!

Joyful Days said...

Kathleen, I see how I worded that wrong--I like to give my cards away--but I like to keep the cards from swaps for inspirations. I also have one sweet friend who sends me cards to cheer me & I keep all her cards 'coz they're so cool.

Cat is my copilot said...

what a fabulous idea! i too make cards, and i too love vintage postcards (i use them in decorating) yet i never once thought to combine the two. i'll have to get myself to ebay and do a search on vintage postcards. :) and i'm adding your site to my blog link list so i can return often!

CoachJ said...

Good idea!! Jenna over at A Joyful Journey makes cards, too. I think it's neat both of you have "joyful" in your titles. :)
Ummm, my mailbox would love one of your cards one day when you have extras ;)

Pearls of Wisdom said...

Thats a great idea. Thanks . I love your blog.

Angel Mama ():)

Liza's Eyeview said...

one of these days, I'd like to enjoy making cards too....

Amy said...

This is an AWESOME idea! Thank you so much- I will definitely be hunting around my house for a photo album to use!

Melissa said...

This is a wonderful idea! I have received several RAK cards and holiday cards from others that I am keeping. I'll have to go pull out that extra photo album I have at home and use it for this purpose. Thanks!

Amber said...

Great idea!

If you ask, me both take creativity and patience, cardmaking just comes to you easier.

God Bless,
Amber

PS. Thanks for stopping by:)

Ribbon Rock Star said...

Great tip!

Linda

Bss said...

Very nice cards!
Nice new blog look, too!

so grateful to be Mormon! said...

hi julie: way cool that you give away the ones you make. i love doing this, too. you are blessed, you know you are, to have that sweetheart of a friend who sends you her homemade cards to cheer you so. she sounds like a keeper.
~blessings girl, kathleen :)