This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every moring: great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul: therefore will I hope in him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3: 21-26

Saturday, November 1, 2008

On My Heart, On My Knees...

I've debated back and forth what to post on my blog. Some of the "big" bloggers, the mega-bloggers who have thousands of readers have suggested it is not good manners to talk about politics and religion.

Well...for today, I am going to lay the manners aside. So if you don't want to talk about politics you won't hurt my feelings. Come back on Wednesday or Thursday of next week and we'll move on to some more "joyful" pursuits.

Really. I do have some ideas.
.
..
..
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
....
.....
......
.......
........
.........
..........
...........

Okay...Is everyone gone who wants to steer clear of the big red, white and blue elephant and donkey dancing in the corner of the room?











If you are still here, you may or may not want your children to read with you.

So for today...

I kept trying to NOT write this. I kept thinking that someone else would do a much better job. But the burden of silence physically hurts these days.

My heart is so heavy with the upcoming election. America is at a turning point. The mainstream media has become a propaganda tool. I graduated with a degree in advertising and public relations from the College of Journalism at my university. So there were lots of news-writing classes, along with marketing, ad writing,and publicity classes. Had I or any of my classmates turned in articles most journalist today are publishing we would have gotten a big fat "F."

I totally get pundits, op-ed pieces, slants and endorsements. I get advertising. I know what the PR people for the candidates get paid to do. But only a few times before in history have we seen media sliding down a slope with potential leaders. And the outcome hasn't been pretty.

Thankfully the internet has provided some balance (and I know that is slanted,) too!! But there are questions unanswered and topics untouched by MSNBC, NBC, CBS, CNN and ABC. FOX is dependent on the show's host. One thing the mainstream media does not want to talk about is abortion. Basic human rights.

So I've decided to share links and videos that deal with the issues of abortion and the rights of unborn children. Feel free to click on the links, please be kind if you disagree with anything. I'm betting I am preaching to the crowd (if anyone's still reading). But, you never know.



What if we substituted the word "slavery" for the word "abortion"?

Renee posted a video.

Margaret posted a most poignant piece before her fast.

Barabara at Mommy Life has so many good posts, her latest is a suggestion of things to "google" if you want information.

40 Days for Life

Elizabeth at In the Heart of My Home has a thoughtful article.

Forcing Pro-Life Doctors Out of the Baby Business?

And finally, can Gianna Jessen be ignored? She survived an attempted saline abortion. She is vocal about the right to life.



The first ad Gianna Jessen did for BornAliveTruth



God is in control. There is nothing that happens without His knowledge. Why should I bother? One person is not going to change anything. Alone. But one person standing with another, and another...well we can move mountains.

Really the subject is not funny, but sometimes a joke will illustrate as well as something more serious.

A man was sitting on his front porch when it started to rain. The rain came down harder and harder and the man realized that it was a flood. So the flood waters were rising and when the water started to spill over the porch, a man in a rowboat comes by. And the man in the rowboat says, "Need any help?"

But the man said, "Nope, the Lord will take care of me!" A few hours later, the man was standing on a chair on his front porch and another rowboat comes by.

And the man inside yells, "Need any help?"

But the man smiles and says, "Nope, the Lord will take care of me!"

A few hours later, the man is on his roof and a helicopter comes by and the pilot inside yells, "Need any help?!"

But the man just says, "Nope! The Lord will take care of me!"

A few hours later, the flood gets to be too much for the man and he drowns. When he enters Heaven, he asks the Lord, "Lord, why didn't you take care of me?"

The Lord says, "Well, I sent you two rowboats and a helicopter!"


First and foremost our prayer and then our vote are our rowboats and helicopter.

4 comments:

luvmy4sons said...

I can't remember where I heard it but I like to quote this saying. "Pray as if it all depends upon God and work as if it all depends upon you."

Heidi @ GGIP said...

I definitely agree that the media is out of hand. I ask all the time if there are any reporters who actually report unbiased. I think the newspapers do an okay job, but certainly not unbiased.

Renee said...

This whole issue of abortion, our election and the state of our nation has been weighing so heavily on my heart too. Thank you for all those links. I'm praying.

Carrie said...

Thanks Julie. I agree with you 100%. Regretfully, I have one close family member who does not and life has been difficult. I think I know the outcome of this election and I am frightened. I am just praying that someday we can all agree that he ended up being the best president we ever had, but . . . .